Personal View site logo
Samsung NX1, $1300 4K flagman
  • 1157 Replies sorted by
  • Hope the NX1-LX actually is real! Would solve my dilemma of which to get of NX1 vs A7s vs GH4....

• Hard to believe Samsung would reduce their megapixel count, but a next gen NX1 with better low light and increased dynamic would be my next camera purchase as well.

Still loving the colors out of this camera!

Tokina 28-70 with SLR Anamorphot

andrew.jpg
    2048 x 866 - 308K
    andrew2.jpg
    1280 x 541 - 109K
  • Does anyone have an example of the noise at iso 1600, 3200 and 6400 in video? I havent seen any direct comparisons showing how "bad" the iso 3200 noise is.

• Any word on possible "speedbooster/Focal Reducers" type adapters for the NX mount?

• Any word on possible "speedbooster/Focal Reducers" type adapters for the NX mount?

I hope for some good news soon :-)

• Awesome.

• What settings are people liking on NX1? I've been leaving mine on the default profile because Gamma DR seems to mess with the beautiful colors out of this cam.

• @ B3Guy. I've been playing around with the "calm" picture setting and bringing the colors back into balance and increasing the intensity by tweaking the color, hue, and saturation setting of that picture profile. I'm not going for a flat image. The image is totally baked in, which is something I can live with but others may feel differently. I thought GammaDR would be the end all be all, but like you said the color get messed with. I like an image where the whites are not grey or muddy/off-white and I think that's what draws me to the calm picture profile after I tweak it to taste.

• The NX1 marks Samsung's entry into the professional-level video, and it’s not just a token entry; the NX1 is a strong contender for your dollar versus the competition. For a very affordable price, the NX1 offers a complete package of commendable image quality, a complete feature-set, 120 fps at 1080, and best of all, internal 4K.

http://www.videomaker.com/article/17946-samsung-nx1-smart-4k-camera-review

• The NX1 is arguably the 'best connected' enthusiast's camera currently available. Not only does it have a sophisticated Wi-Fi system, it also comes with Bluetooth 3.0 and NFC connectivity. Wireless networking connectivity uses both IEEE 802.11b/g/n and the faster 802.11ac networks with bandwidths of 2.4GHz and 5GHz, which are enough to stream 4K video wirelessly to a Samsung UHD TV.

Shots taken at high ISO settings were consistently clean and virtually noise-free up to ISO 6400. Softening became apparent in shots taken at ISO 12800 and increased with rising sensitivity. Interestingly, colour noise was relatively low throughout the sensitivity range and luminance noise remained inoffensive. By ISO 51200, both available light and flash shots appeared both soft and granulated, although they would be usable at small output sizes.

http://www.photoreview.com.au/reviews/advanced-compact-cameras/interchangeable-lens/samsung-nx1

• Adorama has same price, but includes free Rode Pro mike + 64Gb SDHC card

http://www.adorama.com/ISGNX1.html

• Not just a price drop to US$1.3k, there was even an eBay seller which sold a bunch of brand new NX1 bodies for just US$1100! (but all sold out, still is nice to see how the prices are trending down)

• Great price now on the camera, easily the best bang for your buck anywhere. Hopefully we still get a big firmware update at NAB on top of it.

Just ordered a new graphics card for my PC, Nvidia GTX 960. Dedicated H265 decoding, will report back on it when I see it's results :)

• What do you guys think of the color from the camera, so far?

• Compares unstabilized (except lens OIS) and stabilized by Power Director 13 (the editor that works with H265 natively) software stabilizer. The first sequence is unstabilized and then the same clips follow that have the stabilizer applied. First day of crocuses, up close. Crocuses are small and close to the ground, difficult to shoot with a tripod.

• Just a heads up to anyone interested in the NX1, I was told that the sale will only last until this Saturday, well as far as B&H, and Adorama. Most will probably have a tougher time deciding on the 11th.

• Well darn, I'm certainly not buying anything until NAB is completed! (Am waiting on seeing if the AF200 is real....)

• We have no serious review of this camera in detail :/

I love this NX1 and truth be told its redundancy with my current gear is what precludes me from placing an order on one myself.

http://petapixel.com/2015/04/08/samsung-nx1-review-absence-makes-heart-grow-fonder/

phantom1.jpg
    639 x 422 - 59K
  • Here's another "serious" review:

Videographers will find a lot to like in the NX1. For starters, internal 4K video quality is outstanding and slightly surpasses the Panasonic GH4, making the NX1 our new reference camera for internal 4K video recording. Add to that a well designed user interface, an effective touch screen with tap to focus, and useful video settings such a wide dynamic range gamma profile and the whole thing becomes a rather compelling package.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/samsung-nx1

Gold Award.