Personal View site logo
Samsung NX1, $1300 4K flagman
  • 1157 Replies sorted by
  • and 200fps slow mo option!

• I hope it will be possible to move and set the focus square with buttons in video recording (like the GH4) and not only with the touchscreen. The 4k crop like the NX500 for more reach with zoom lenses would be great too !

• Just a head up on the new NX1 firmware update. I have been told by a source that it's coming within the next few days....

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/new-samsung-nx1-firmware-update-coming-within-days

• Testing the NX1 with the NX 60mm macro lens, including manual focus pulls.

• EVF problems in videorecording (firmware v1.22):

i can't switch display/EVF
    i don't see AF area indicator in EVF
    i can't use SAF in EVF

Please help, are there some settings for it? Thank you.

• shootout with blackmagic Prod cam and Panny

• In the you tube comments section it said by After Effects... hopefully someday the NX1 will be able to do this natively.

• NX1 1080P 240fps

Is that for real?!

• Could the NX1 processing power keep up to output it?

You do not need power for raw. Quite in reverse. All you need is interface speed.

• One thing I want to remind Samsung firmware writers about - you have USB 3.0.

As your firmware is based on quite complete OS it is not so hard to add support for external HDD/SSD and make it work at fastest speed possible, even if it will require external power.

Ohhh... that would be attractive! USB 3.0 could handle raw? Could the NX1 processing power keep up to output it?

• It looks that 1:1 cropped 4K mode from NX500 will come to NX1 soon.

• It's weatherproof, so:

• Thanks for the card comparison Vitaliy, will probably pick up a few of those Transcend Cards.

• Can anyone with an NX1 please share their experience using it with Lightroom in a tethering scenario (even if it's just Watch Folders mode) how well does it work if for instance I'm trying to shoot and print to a printer about 60 pictures per hour? Will the "tethering" be a bottleneck in any way?

• In terms of why DCI mode would be less sharp, it's down scaling less than the UHD mode. Both modes come from the same sensor width, so the more downscaled UHD will most likely be sharper because of that fact.

Due to math downscaling is not very simple thing. Certain size that is very close to others can be more fuzzy. You can try to make downscale by 50% and after it by 49%, for example.

• In terms of why DCI mode would be less sharp, it's down scaling less than the UHD mode. Both modes come from the same sensor width, so the more downscaled UHD will most likely be sharper because of that fact.

The reason I take issue with things like this is because the camera needs to be improved in other more important areas before concentrating on the DCI mode being slightly softer. Namely rolling shutter, higher bitrates, 1080p HDMI out, 10-Bit, and other things that will help improve the cameras film-making ability that are more important than an issue that may or may not be able to be fixed.