Personal View site logo
Interstellar
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • Wormhole and time travel movie. Food disaster, future solution. We are still in space though, floating arround, of course we are stellar, kind of.

• Intergalactic blowhard... just hated this movie. I find Nolan an overrated peddler of high-concept fromage.

• I like this movie for it's spectacular imagery with minimum cgi.. But Nolans could done better with scripting I think. But all in all it's not bad movie. Far worse movies are getting to hollywood these days..

• Interstellar is awesome, went to top 5 movies ever in my list. It's touching, interesting idea, sci-fi, absolutely fantastic soundtrack, technically top notch, great acting and so on. And in space, there is no sound. In other Hollywood-movies without soul there's always those explosion sounds and other bullshit. And TARS is so cool!

I don't get those Nolan-haters. Perfect movie.

• I reviewed it here:about 3 down on the list http://www.onbrokenground.com/Blog/

• I don't get those Nolan-haters. Perfect movie.

Only missing the "haters gona hate" simplified sticker formula {Neil Young se il vous plaît}
    This looks like a tabloid of thought these days, resounding beauty and truth confined in such few words :P

First communication and relationship rule is everybody is fucking free of thinking and feeling whatever he/she fucking wants as detoured from common sense, fashionable/mainstream content-culture-ideas as it might be.
    In order to keep communicating/dialoging there ought to be bidirectional respect and the commitment to preserve that sacred ground. Only a fool would mistake preserving that common (play)ground from having to convince, to equalize the other with his/her own ideas

In my ignorantibilis opinion, my freedom ends where yours begins (Zechariah Chafee) mindset is fairly better expressed in Sartre's my freedom becomes the freedom of others. Why? because we need each-other and despite contemporary factories of mass-thought seem to compel us to believe otherwise, we are ultimately interdependent creatures. Even in the film discussed here they quite sarcastically explore nothing but that and some loose quantum physics (the only interesting part if you ask me).

Ok, wrapping-up this (probably preachy sounding) burrito mess; I'm with @spacewig, I think Nolan's overrated, furthermore Interstellar is perfect representation of big budgetd hollywood sci-fi carnival philosophy these days.
    Give that money to 100 young and/or unknown talented people (even Kevin Spacey advocates for this) and we'll get back at least a couple dozens of very interesting and fresh flicks... who knows with some luck they might even un-bury next Tarkowsky... - hey but wait, they're not interested in that - ahh ok, they're not interested in exploring cinema's language or the themes or even the different ways that something can be told?? - nah, if happening only as byproduct, they're in just for the profit...

website - http://www.thebrainhack.com/

• ....memento was great

• As was following.