Personal View site logo
SANITY 4 and 5.1
  • 1139 Replies sorted by
  • Indeed. The GH2 is still better than most DSRLs, and holds it's own quite well against the latest crop of 4k cameras.

• i can't shoot at 720/60p. i used sun disk extreme pro sdxc 10 class

• When you say "i can't shoot at 720/60p", exactly what happens?

• Hi Ralph,

was recording an interview yesterday using Sanity X on a 32GB 45, on the first card, recording stopped automatically after the file hit 4 gb, luckily the file was recorded. I switched cards to another 32gb 45 and continued the interviews, this time, it hit 4 gb and I got the message that my card was not fast enough to write the file, the camera couldn't shut down and I had to remove the battery. I see the file on the SD card when I insert it into the computer but it is corrupt and I cannot play it on VLC neither import it into PP.

Anyone knows what might have gone wrong here? I had the impression that spanning should work on the Scandisk Extreme 45MB/s card? Is there a way to recover that corrupt file? I had to re-shoot that last interview again, it wasn't as good as the first one but luckily all wasn't lost. Please help!

• Hi Ralph,

was recording an interview yesterday using Sanity X on a 32GB 45, on the first card, recording stopped automatically after the file hit 4 gb, luckily the file was recorded. I switched cards to another 32gb 45 and continued the interviews, this time, it hit 4 gb and I got the message that my card was not fast enough to write the file, the camera couldn't shut down and I had to remove the battery. I see the file on the SD card when I insert it into the computer but it is corrupt and I cannot play it on VLC neither import it into PP.

Anyone knows what might have gone wrong here? I had the impression that spanning should work on the Scandisk Extreme 45MB/s card? Is there a way to recover that corrupt file? I had to re-shoot that last interview again, it wasn't as good as the first one but luckily all wasn't lost. Please help!

• Hey guys, one thing I can't understand :

Sanity 5.1 is installed on my GH2. When I read my videos straight from the card with Quicktime, the inspector window tells me that the bitrate is about 46 Mbits/sec. However, when I import those files into FCPX and open the same video via the Original Media folder, the bitrate is now 18 Mbits/sec. I really don't get it... Of course, when I transcode the video in Prores, the bitrate is higher, but why the original file's bitrate is different from the one on the SD card ?

• This could be because of the original AVCHD formst specification. AVCHD was originally specified for a max. bitrate of around 18 MBit/s (and 24MBit/s). BUT this got increased to 28 MBit/s later on. Our hacks increase this even more but the bitrate then is outside of the specification. FCP may just show the standard/specified bitrates - that could be an explanation. Oh and also Sanity is a variable bitrate patch (depending on how many bits the encoder deems necessary to encode the frame in a certain quality) - FCP may show an average bitrate.

Could be both of those or one or another reason but either way don't worry, the files will probably be just fine ;)

• Shot with GH2 Sanity 5.1 - GH5

• Is there a FAQ page? I'm looking to use SANITY on my GH2, what's the difference between 4 and 5.1

• Guess this tread is the FAQ. ;-) Anyhow, take 5.1, proper SD-card, and do some spanning tests on colored noise maybe.

• Or check out latest patch from Driftwood for docu shooting: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/10978/driftwood-cluster-x-series-4moon-t8spizz-t7/p7

Third post or so

• @thiswayup

Sanity 5.1 is the best Sanity. The picture quality rivals Driftwood's best intra patch, but with a significantly lower bit rate. Getting technical - Sanity is a long GOP codec. The size of the I frames is immense, equal to or greater than the size of each frame in Driftwood's patch. Since we're starting with such a high quality picture, the difference frames have so much more information to work from. So we get the best of both worlds, superb picture quality at a modest bitrate.

• Hello to all ! Where can I download all the patches?

• MJPG DOES NOT write for more than 4 minutes, who has this problem?