Personal View site logo
Panasonic LX100 camera topic
  • 566 Replies sorted by
  • Thank you again for your confirnation :(

• There was someone asking about the language on the Japanese model LX100...

I had an idea about this. What if you managed to turn Wifi on for the camera, and connect to it via the LUMIX app, then control the settings of the camera using your English or other language App over Wifi... Won't change the menu language but will let you alter settings if you don't read Japanese.

• Very very good idea !!! I'll try it today...

Thnx bannedindv :)

• you would need to be able to enter Japanese text to gain access, or I suppose NFC might work.

• DPReview of LX100: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-lx100

Conclusion: "I'd consider it the best photographers' cameras on the market and probably the best zoom compact ever made."

It gets the same numerical score as the GH4 (85%), and the Gold Award. But mistakenly claims the LX100 shoots at a lower bitrate in 4K (it does not). I posted a response on the site, and they removed the mistaken statement.

• Haven't posted in a few years, but am still around. If this has already been answered-forgive me. It is possible with a Firmware Hack, to allow HDMI out, while filming video? Thanks

• It is possible with a Firmware Hack, to allow HDMI out, while filming video?

On your place I won't count on it.

• OK, so this is just like what Pansonic has done in the past; GH4 w/HDMI out, LX100, no HDMI out. Was hoping to use the LX100 for aerial filming because it's a lot lighter than the GH4. And cheaper-of course. Thanks Vitaliy-I have a LOT of "catching up" to do.....

• @havasuvideo: Why not use WiFi to control the aerial filming, while the 4k recording goes to the SD-card?

• Good News: Adobe Lightroom 5.7 released and now supports LX100 !

Download Lightroom 5.7 for Windows http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5853

• Awesome news, time to process some Raws!

• From ikelite.com:

We're hoping to offer a housing to support this model and are currently in the early prototyping stages.

We're excited about this camera model and are planning to offer a housing to support it. Based on current estimates, we hope to have this camera in our hands by the end of November. At that time we will know whether this camera operates in an existing product, or whether it will require a new housing. Development of a new housing is typically completed within 4-8 weeks after we obtain the camera.

• @karl

No need for copy of email adverts here.

• Ikelite housing on this camera would be really nice! I signed up for the email notification. Hope they get something for sale by next spring.

• Karl,
    After 8 weeks this camera will cost less than the caging you're about to make :)

• Guys, I've noyiced a little glitch while using the lx100 in IA mode: it doesn't seem to check or remember for what aspect ratio you are in (I usually shoot in 4:3) when you switch to IA and revert to 3:2. If you change aspect ratio on the dial it will update but until you do, it stays in 3:2. Anyone else has that behavior (lx100 US model)?

• @rigg4d: Sounds like a case for this thread.

• At DEMA, Nauticam now also demonstrated an underwater housing prototype for the LX100, search for "lx100" on this page. For unknown reasons, Nauticam leaves it to the Wetpixel guys to spread the news... they have no announcement on their own page.

If you wonder why the housing has "ports": Nauticam seems to offer different converter ports to work along with the fixed zoom lens.

(Edit: It seems the text around the pictures at the wetpixel blog mislead me to associate the wrong image with the NA-LX100 housing - today somebody posted a very different image from the same exhibition that seems to be the right one. )

• Today was finally the sunny weather I needed to take useful shots of an IT 8.7/2 reflexive calibration target. I hope this will help Dave Coffin and others to support color calibrated conversion for LX100 images.

You can download my raw (.RW2) image here.

The relevant reference files are available from the target manufacturer here.

Thanks go to Wolf Faust for making those targets available!

I should also mention that some guy posted an ICC profile for use with RawTherapee. However, when I used it with my color target test shots, the results went further from correctness than with the default "Input Profile: Camera standard", so I cannot really recommend this.

And another guy contributed a Photo Ninja lens distortion smart correction file for the LX100. ... but the link is dead now.

• Can it focus with the wifi interface while recording video? Can it change settings while recording video (aperture, shutter speed, iso)? How great is the wifi video recording lag? Does wifi video monitoring consume a lot of power?

• @WildLion:

• Can it focus with the wifi interface while recording video?

Yes.

• Can it change settings while recording video (aperture, shutter speed, iso)?

Yes.

• How great is the wifi video recording lag?

From what I've seen, I'd estimate ~ 0.3s to 0.5s, but this might depend on what controlling device you use (I observed using a Samsung tablet).

• Does wifi video monitoring consume a lot of power?

Hmm - don't know, but I would be surprised if it did. The battery lasts a long time (see postings above) - what kind of use case do you have in mind where it would become a concern?

• @Karl; can't use Wifi on remotely piloted aircraft. The range of wifi is very short, and the signal would interfere with the remote control of the aircraft. Only solution is to buy the GH4. Panasonic "cripples" the lower level camera's with the same sensor for a reason-so no live HDMI out.