Personal View site logo
Hybrid, a great free video converter (win, mac, linux)
  • 33 Replies sorted by
  • And a new one's out - thanks Selur - many fixes and added capabilities since last version (above), from last one

http://www.selur.de/downloads

Hybrid rev 2014.11.15.1:

fixed
    • tools: mix-up with fdkaac(enc) (on some Linux systems)
    • avisynth: fixed calling QTGMC-3.32 instead of QTGMC-3.33
    • input: lsdvd DVD aspect ratio detection (Mac OS X and Linux only)
    • preview: image resize (Mac OS X only)

For detailed updates, here - http://forum.selur.de/topic32-updates-p7.html

• There's a new build out; win, mac and linux and a Yosemite's own version too

Some bug ironing and

added
    • avisynth: "Interactive script view"-option, when enabled, Hybrid will not disable the GUI while the avisynth preview is enabled. It will also update the view on every change made that influences the script.
 WARNING This option is experimental! It isn't tested extensively, so use it with case. Especially the fast change of settings, e.g. by using the up/down arrows of an option might cause problems. -> if your run into reproducible problems please tell my how to reproduce the problem and I'll try if I can find a fix for it.
    • tools: 'Check for new release'-button, when pressed Hybrid will check if there's a newer version of Hybrid available online 
or not.
    • x265: support for '--rd-penalty X'

changed
    • avisynth: support Avisynth+ as alternative to normal Avisynth (the avisynth extension still comes with Avisynth 2.6 MT atm.)
    • input: always set frame count to the number of time codes, for vfr content

• New Hybrid rev is out, the above mentioned force to 444 function included; works only in kostya - just change from anatoliy or standard - and size must be at least half of original file.

To enable in&out cut points go to Config>Internal and select Cut Support; please read tips.
    This would make available setting in and out time in the Main menu.

Two very important things are RTSU and to buy Selur some flowers ,-)

• Yo @karl wise ass tweaking wizard :P
    from your link: Axolotls are used extensively in scientific research due to their ability to regenerate limbs. Axolotls were also sold as food in Mexican markets and were a staple in the Aztec diet.

Do you think aztecs wanted a second penis? Aztec wives probably dug the idea and hunted and cook the poor axolotls with anticipation. Poor Mayas mixed with such barbarians, but a second penis... :P

Now that I think about it, maybe it's not a bad idea if Selur also prospects for some weird endangered species to iconise his fab little hybrid. Somekind of exoesqueleton soft inside creature with many ramificating arms, both sexes, stereoscopic vision, plenty of midiclorinos and chromatophores, ultrasound and 5600º K light emitting capabilities, mind reading and wormhole fart abilities and a diet consisting of just radioactive algae and politician's toes.

BTW in the last test version of hybrid I'm trying, Selur has fixed the QT recognition of proRES444 =)
    And yet another nice thing that I found to be a big PITA in ffmpeg and does not happen in hybrid is to get stuck when the file has data stream aka spok's timecode

• @maxr: I think the Adapter icon does not depict some radioactively mutated creature, but just an Axolotl.

• YEAHHH GOOD NEWS!!!
    Though it is still under observation (not yet released publicly but eminently to come), Selur (BIG THANKS man) included within Hybrid @karl 's script developed on this PV thread

Still Quicktime doesn't recognise the 444, displaying proRES422 HQ, but both VLC and mediainfo shows the baby's blue eyes, yeahhhh, let the chicken riot begin!!!!

• Comoé @matt_gh2 both =)

A - The couple examples above are lanczos upscale (hybrid) + karl's downscale. Why I did like this? Just look at the freaking GH3 skin tones and noise pattern/gradients. So I guess that wouldn't be too stupid on my part assuming that (workflow's resulting proRES4444444) would grade better; at least how I grade, basically with a a torch and a hammer :P

B - Then for web content; the x265 codec is - well we all heard h265 HEVC praisings which is in what is based - very good. AFAIK only vimeo's bacteria are digesting x265 stuff, nevertheless any player based in ffmpeg can play it, movist, vlc, mplayerX, etc.

A much simplier free video conversion tool for internet zombies, lazy folks or children with no friends is Adapter. Settings interface vaguely reminds of Episode. It is also very fast, it has x264 but... well just look at the radioactive creature / icon ja ja ja, WTF is that??!!!... never mind is chooo kkiiiuuttt :D

http://www.macroplant.com/adapter/

• I can see quality differnce in examples - impressive. When is this used - before editing in NLE and grading, or after?