Personal View site logo
Panasonic GH4 Audio Levels
  • 31 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks everyone, really appreciate your help. Another question (not about audio) is about picture profiles. There's plenty of talk about flat picture profiles that require grading afterwards, but not much about picture profiles that look good straight out of the camera. A lot of jobs I do don't have the time and budget for a grade. Does anyone have any pointers for good picture profiles that don't require grading? Cheers!

• I do not have first-hand experience of the repair. All I know is what you can find online on this topic.

• Thanks @mrbill

@itrofnoc thanks for the tip. I understand, however that sending the camera back to Panasonic and getting the new firmware update solves the buzzing altogether. Is this correct? Cheers.

• The electronic buzz noise in the GH4 can be overcome by lowering the mic input sensitivity on the camera (-6 or even -12dB) and compensating that with an higher output from the receiver (I use -9dB on my G3 and -12dB on the GH4). The problem is, when you use the internal mics you must remember to raise the input level.

• I run a juiced link preamp with the gh4 levels set as lo as they go. For interviews, the sound quality has been entirely useable, tho I run a backup to a zoom h1 recorder as a safety. Don't over modulate and all should be good. Obviously trimming levels with the juiced link as I go. No buzz problems so far.