Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X Series 4:│Moon T8│Spizz T7
  • 691 Replies sorted by
  • I think so, but I'm highly skilled at misunderstanding this stuff, so maybe someone who actually knows what's going on will clarify. Lol

• so classix is drewnet t10? and I was waiting to try t10 lol

• WOW! @TATZU, that was the best work I've seen from you by a wide margin!!! Phenomenal shots, and your editing has gotten to be fantastic.

And by the way, that was the best looking Moon T8 footage I've seen so far too. Most of what I've seen posted looked great to me in the darks, but strangely I have noticed a lot of noise in the bright areas (is that luminance noise?). Anyway, for that reason I've been playing with the Driftwood Classix (Drewnet T10 I guess), and so far it is pretty interesting. I need more time with it to say anything more helpful than that, but so far I like it.

To date though, I really liked Moon T7 24L. :blush: I'm not sure it graded or rendered as well as 24H, but it looked great out of the camera, and for me it was 100% reliable.

• @frullaccia better than T8? Quality Wise?

• Drewnet T10 is the best setting ever.

• @tymeorama & @studio2010 Thanks so much guys! Means A Lot! It amazes what the GH2 is still capable of with the new release of great cameras like the red epic dragon and the gh4, a7s etc. It still holds it's own! Thanks to hackers like Vitaliy and Driftwood this camera has definitely given me some awesome footage.

• @TATZU you have the best quality lookin videos on YouTube. Great job

• Moon T8 test results - shot in 24P. Spanning works - I tested for 15 minutes (one 4gb file and another 3.6gb file). All files played back in camera perfectly.

• Can anyone help?

Is there a way to 'mix' the settings into one hack/setting? What I'm thinking is Moon T8 for 24p and Spizz T7 for HBR/FSH....and something for 720p50/60.

• My latest "Short-Film" all shot on driftwood Moont7/8

• it's not even close

• This seems really stupid, and is really stupid, but iPad vs GH2, here it is:

I noticed the iPad was just as good as GH2 in terms of detail.

• @driftwood is there any way i can get a moont8 with a higher bottom bitrate? it seems like the bitrate fluctuates to greatly all the way down to 50 up to 150+

• @ilia310101 That was a fun little video to watch thanks for sharing!

• I'm getting little problems with Moon T8 with recording (some issues with HBR playback...but I haven't tried the 'undoing' Pasadena audio)...but no spanning. Using the Sandisk 64gb Extreme Pro 280mb/s.

• I would like to share a little moon t8 video i shot over the last few days

there were 2 glitchy shots with horizontal banding (one is near the beggining) 2:24 and 0:11

• @ green hunter Why not load some patches into your GH2 and do some tests? Then you can share your results here! ;-)

• @callan thanks for your indirect reply to my inquiry!

• Who is the best hack for chromakey green screen? T8 MOON or other? Thanks!

• @caurilia All things being equal the pixel ratio between 720 & 1080 is factor 2. However 720 modes run at say 60P whilst 1080 modes are at 24P giving a factor 2.5. ie more processing power/transfer speed required to work at 60P. Straw & camel's back spring to mind.

• @caurilia yeah...only getting about 10 seconds of pan through trees in 720 SH, where as all the other modes keep on going. Weird when you consider the 1080 modes are giving me twice the bitrate in the files! i assume it has something to do with frame rate?

• Hmm... @yashica I didn't test out the 720 mode. I'll have to check it out. Odd that 1080 would work and not 720. But that's how technology works lol. Never logical.