Personal View site logo
Audio Noise Reduction Software like iZotope RX6
  • 52 Replies sorted by
  • "Remove or reduce reverb from audio using the new Dereverb" ...really? the example is on small room sample and sounds decent. would it work on bigger rooms/spaces? The denoiser just sounds like gate and with artifacts. Not really impressed. But would give RX3 a go for sure (de-reverb!!!), great they have included a 10 days full version to try it out. So one can decide if it delivers. The declicking seems very good and would definitely be useful(some funny clock issues with old MiniDisc transfers)

edit: $749! pricey.

• After messing with demos...as far as reducing reverb Zynaptiq Unveil is ages ahead. It does only this but it does it much better imo.

• iZotope RX4 announced

• Easily adjust and balance the volume of vocals and instruments with the new non-destructive editing feature, Clip Gain.
    • Reduce distracting background noise from dialogue and vocals in real time with the Dialogue Denoiser (now a standard feature with both RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced).
    • Streamline the editing process with a round-trip workflow compatible with Pro Tools, Logic, and other popular hosts through the RX Connect functionality.
    • Advanced version of RX 4 includes additional time-saving features - automatically balance the volume of mixes with the Leveler, freeing more time for creative mix decisions.

http://www.izotope.com/rx4

• iZotope RX5 Audio Editor

What’s new:

• Instant Process tool: A one-click magic eraser for your audio. From unwanted cough to scene-interrupting siren, paint away any audio problem directly in the spectrogram timeline.
    • Module Chain: Remove distortion, clicks, interference, background noise, smooth out inconsistent volume and ambience….all at once. Whatever the multiple editing tasks you need done, they can now be accomplished in a single mouse click that fires off all of your edits.
    • Seamless Integration: Sync and integrate the power of the RX Audio Editor with any audio and video editing software timeline using RX Connect. Clip-by-clip and handles support has been added for an efficient Avid Pro Tools post production workflow.
    • De-reverb: Reduce some of the reverb from a recorded space in order to make the dialogue useable. Salvage recordings of dialogue containing too much reverb/acoustic space without needing to spend time/money on a reshoot or ADR

http://www.timespace.com/product/RX5-120/3/10000074/izotope_rx_5_audio_editor_%28serial_download%29.html

• Module chain will be very welcome.

• How To Clean Audio

• Also note - RX5 still depends on buggy and dangerous Apple's QuickTime on Windows.

• Testimonial here - I am using the RX4's dialog de-noiser and it works great with latest version of Resolve Studio on the Mac. I had a wireless lav track recorded to the BMCC an it needed noise reduction. It worked in real-time along with DMG Limitless to smooth out the voice track - Limitless first and the RX to follow. Anyway, I was happy to find this workflow was not a problem and the Resolve manual explains how to instantiate and access the plug in parameters as well as view the plug-in interface.

• I dont see audacity listed here. Free, and comes with a pretty nice quality (but limited options) denoiser (hiss reduction). Works well, especially with high sample rate files.

• "buggy and dangerous Apple's QuickTime on Windows" Really? I thought this security issue customer panic was debunked months ago.

• I thought this security issue customer panic was debunked months ago.

Nope. Apple really do not care.

• Quicktime was EOL long before Windows bugs. Everything video on Apple is now AVFoundation. Not a good name for marketing.

• iZotope RX6

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- (April 20, 2017) -- iZotope, Inc., makers of award-winning tools for audio production, today released RX 6, the latest update to its flagship audio repair and enhancement software, RX. Built on years of extensive research in advanced digital signal processing and machine learning, RX 6 advances to a level of audio repair that once seemed impossible.

In RX 6, new features and workflows allow users to easily edit, repair and restore musical performances, while post production professionals can find new solutions to some of the once unsolvable issues in post production today.

“RX 6 pushes the envelope of what is possible in audio repair, while introducing tools that fit the needs of everyone, from the home studio artist to post production professionals,” says Gerry Caron, Chief Product Officer of iZotope. “Machine learning is enabling advancements across industries, including audio tech. With RX 6, we are utilizing this technology to address some of the audio industry’s deepest pain points, providing uncompromising quality and dependability to create truly great sound.”

Key Features & Benefits

RX 6 is available in four versions, each equipped with features to meet the needs of a variety of users:

• RX Elements - budget-friendly version of RX featuring Voice De-noise, De-clip, De-click, De-hum plug-ins and the standalone audio editor.
    • RX 6 Standard - includes everything in RX 6 Elements, plus additional features including De-bleed, Spectral De-ess, Mouth De-click, Spectral Repair and more.
    • RX 6 Advanced - premier version of RX that includes everything in RX 6 Standard plus De-Wind and advanced features made possible through machine learning, like De-rustle and Dialogue Isolate.

RX Post Production Suite 2 - comprehensive post production toolkit for everything from dialogue editing to mixing and delivering. Post Production Suite 2 includes RX 6 Advanced, Neutron Advanced, RX Loudness Control and Insight, as well as a 1-year all access pass to Groove 3 Video Training and 50 download credits to the Pro Sound Effects Library.

• RX6 is really superb

• Yup. RX6 epic.

• RX6 Elements on sale for 29$ - Great Deal.

• Does iZotope work inside the new Fairlight page of Resolve 14?

Or does it even work at all with Resolve?

(I'm getting mixed answers asking the internet.)

• @zcream

Link

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/repair-and-edit/rx/rx-elements.html

It is not so great as it is very limited.

For real work you still need RX6 Advanced most of the time.

• @Psyco

It works if Resolve can use VST audio plugins.

But it is limited, as most of time you need full featured Connect and work in editor mode.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Resolve can use VST plugins, but version 14 (beta) has still some bugs - so one has to test every individual plugin.

$29 looks like a good way to give it a try, how much limited is the iZotope Elements? (Is the graphical sound editing fully functional - I think thats the "spectrum" part - thats what I would try, looks very interesting;-)

• $29 looks like a good way to give it a try, how much limited is the iZotope Elements? (Is the graphical sound editing fully functional - I think thats the "spectrum" part - thats what I would try, looks very interesting;-)

It is really limited. Not even has spectral denoise (you really need it to remove any specific noise) and spectral repair.