Personal View site logo
WANTED: Redstan Anamorphic Front Filter Clamp for Sankor 16C
  • I'm looking for a Redstan Anamorphic Lens Front Filter Clamp for Sankor 16C.

If you happen to have one for sale, please PM.

• 16 Replies sorted by
  • I tried buying that front clamp from his main website a while back but never received my clamp. Thank goodness for paypal cuz I was able to get my money back. I kinda made mine that works just fine. Check out vid-atlantic, the have something for sankor 16c

• Redstan clamp, although a pain in the arse to get hold of, is really good quality. It's worth persevering with RedStan if you can through his website.

• Thanks guys. I contacted Redstan and was told the front clamp for 16C is out of stock. And yes, I know vid-atlantic has a different solution, but I still wanna try to get a Redstan for it's 72mm front thread.

Again, I appreciate your info and experience.

• Look carefully at your Sankor 16-C .. on mine the flared piece at the front which has no thread is removable (it screws out) and reveals a bog standard 52mm thread

• Redstan (Alan) is the man bar none he's had some weird Ebay press, but personally cant admire him enough

• @kavadni, yes the front piece is removable. It's like a ring with no thread and glass. However, on my 16C, the 52mm thread underneath is a little bit smaller than standard (not sure if this happens to others). I tried a 52mm hood and a filter and they both couldn't screw all the way in. I don't feel safe that way. Fortunately I was told that Vid-Atlantic's filter rings (52mm to 58mm) can fit in well for 16C.

• Interesting, I found this reference

The front filter thread of the Sankor is an old school 51.5mm thread used in the old Ednalite series

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cablefreak/7146031577/

• hilltop1 glad you got your money back. one of the reasons i am so expensive is the 60plus claims i get a year that is some major postal problem or maybe something else. as i am sure you are aware paypal always seems to take my money and refund it so no redstan victims that you will find.

that redstan is an ass hole complete mentalist but his sankor 16c and 16f clamps are now back in if needed. send an email as my site is screwed at the moment. antiochus66@yahoo.co.uk

• 3/4 down the page Sankor front rings $20

http://vid-atlantic.com/lensshop.html

• I can confirm antiochus66 as redstan's email. I contacted him directly through that earlier this summer and all transactions went off without a hitch. He's a great guy and his clamps are nothing short of perfect. I completely believe him that his site is what messes things up.

• @redstan, I think there's something wrong with shipping from UK. I suggest you check with your post office as I also bought an item from someone else in UK but never received it. Funny thing is I bought the back clamps from you and received it in about 4 days but the front clamp never came. I bought the Wondlan Carbon Stabilizer from China and received it. @B3Guy, when did you buy the clamps and what state did you got it shipped to?

• I confirm the email as Redstan's also. I have ordered twice, first order he sent before I had even paid .. I strongly advise him against that .. goods arrived in 4 days. Second order took about 6 weeks to get here .. postal stamps revealed it had been posted when he said.

Also the only place I have never had something NOT arrive from is the UK .. the royal mail service was privatised and uses subcontractors .. In Australia we are advised by the post office to have everything insured to and from the UK, due to .. 'things going missing' .. 'theft' by subcontractors.

• @kavadni, it makes sense with 'theft' by subcontractors. It doesn't makes sense with buying stuff twice from UK without not getting it.

• @HillTop1, I will not buy from UK, or post to without signature required and insurance

• +1 for Redstan also - bought lots from him without any problems hes a gent

• A damn shame your customer service is a disgrace 'redstan'.....I will not recommend you, never.