Personal View site logo
I must say that...
  • I miss hacking my old GH2s...

It was always fun to try new patches and read the threads about them.

• 24 Replies sorted by
  • Huh, in this case we need to make something for GH3 and GH4 for you.

• I think the first thing is to give us a 200Mbit 4k hack. It's never too early to get thinking about it is it?

• 200Mb 4K Hack -- I'd buy a GH4 for that ;)

• @johnnymossville Wait... for the GH3? What are you talking about?

• 200Mbit seems rather thin for 4K.

• yeah, too thin. I think we'll need all-I 800Mbit for sure.

• My GH3 is ready for doing any test for hack

• I think we should go back to improving the GH1, that was fun.

I remember @Kholi was the first to get one and chased his wife/girlfriend all around a dress shop filming her unhacked. I guess no one thought of filming cats back then. Then the hack started .... and the fun began.

• @Rambo

Lets not forget detailed foliage shots while swinging the camera left to right! Found myself guilty doing that one!

• Can someone pl3ze make a Gh4 full-frame hack?

• I . . . still use a GH2 for everything.

• @B3Guy

++ Likewise

• Me too :-)

• If the GH2 had peaking, I'd stick with it. Still makes a great Bcam. I set one up and walked away. came back to a 2 hour recording. YES!

• 400 mbit 4k hack for the GH4, with selectable aspect ratios for us anamorphic junkies, please!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Any new news on Hacks??

• Just got multinational series bought and shot entirely on Sanity patch - content>pixel noodling? Think so - we on next 3 in next 2 weeks - just get out and shoot shit lads n lasses - surprisingly no-one gives a fuck what camera you using if its good. Edith in Wisconsin aint wondering what lens you used shes just interested in the prgramme - get on with it?

Get out and shoot?

• Bang on SoundGH2 that's what I always say... I've seen stuff shot on Red's and Alexa's that look like garbage - and then 7d's or Mk2 that look 100 times better. What percentage of the audience knows what the *&^% aliasing is? Or even rolling shutter? Shit... I go to friend's houses and they don't even know their stupid tv has that 240hz motion shit on making Hollywood films look like a birthday video. I immediately make them turn it off!

Anyway I'm curious, about your series... how did you sell it? Sales agent? Mipcom? or just a straight up proposal to networks?

• @n5p Rolling Shutter? I've found that if you don't know what it is, you don't really notice it. Then, when you realise what it is...and what it looks like, you begin to see it a lot; even on numerous TV productions.

I've noticed, even on some of the higher rated programmes on BBC, there is still rolling shutter on some shots - and they can't be short of any ££ to have not been able to 'post fix' it.

• You can't perfectly fix RS in post on most scenes, whatever money you throw at it.

• @tetakpatak

I folowed that topic but it has been closed for a year now, that was why I asked ;-)