Personal View site logo
GH2 with T5 hack stops recording after 12 minutes 30 seconds
  • Any ideas why? I shoot in 24p (24L). I though it could have something to do with the 4gb limitation. I formated my card in NTFS. When I insert the card in my GH2 it says it is not compatible and the GH2 formats it to exFAT... I badly need the camera to handle continuos shooting on Saturday. Thanks for help or any ideas!

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • @olli66

What card do you have? Do not format your card with NTFS, format the card on your computer using SDFormatter. Then format your card in camera. I hope that you are using 32gb or 64GB95/Mbs cards?

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

• @Azo thanks for the quick reply, silly me forgot to mention: of course, I use the Sandisk 64gb 95MB/s card...I just found out exfat can handle files over 4gb of size, too I just downloaded the SDformatter but that one only formats in exfat, too, though I am recording now and it is already at the 13 minute mark...holding my breathe!

• I am also using SD Formatter and Sandisk 64GB 95MB/s card, but my camera freezes from time to time. 3 times every shot at least. I am thankful for any solution.

• which hack you're using? I was told the T5 hack in 24L is pretty reliable what happens when it freezes? is the footage up to that point lost?

another question about the SD formatter: I guess it makes sense to format all my cards with this little tool...will a quick format do? right now my Gh2 is at 20 minutes continuos recording...still holding my breathe...

• @olli66

I would perform the slower full format first on all of your cards. Once in awhile as a maintenance type of procedure I would perform a quick format with SDFormatter. I have never used the 24L modes on any of the patches that I have used. I only use the 24h mode when shooting in 24p so I do not know how reliable any of the patches are in the 24L mode.