Personal View site logo
Panasonic gh lens pinout, who knows ?
  • Hello. Does anybody know lens pinout for Panasonic gh bayonet? I need to remotely control focus of mft lens connected to gh body. Can I cut some wires of bayonet connector and connect external encoder to control the focus? Or can I do this by adding some DIY electronics? Of course I mean partial disassembling the body. And I need iris still controlled by body controls as usual. Thanks in advance.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Information about the pinout and the protocoll for m4/3 would be very interesting.

• It seems more practical to do it via the body, with WiFi or maybe USB? Not sure why you would need to control the lens directly.

• I doubt that it is possible to control focus with proportional encoder (like a virtual focus ring on the lens) via WIFI or USB. Indeed I can connect wires inside the lens and control this way but in this case I will need to disassemble every lens which I want to use... I'd prefer to control via bayonet contacts.

• Indeed I can connect wires inside the lens and control this way but in this case I will need to disassemble every lens which I want to use... I'd prefer to control via bayonet contacts.

It is very complex and very costly project. With big legal issues, I must add.