Personal View site logo
Issues with external monitors & hacked GH2?
  • Recently bought two SmallHD monitors for use with my two GH2s. Having issues with when I first tested them I was using the Flowmotion v2 hack, and both monitors were responsive, then switched to Apocalypse Intravenus - one monitor worked, the other was unable to sync. The next day, neither monitor would sync with either camera. Today I switched to Apocalypse Boom - both monitors sync but notice every now and again the monitors flicker.

I doubt it's the HDMI cables as they're new, and I don't believe it's any particular monitor or camera that's causing the problem. So I can only assume it's the hack, maybe the high bit rate is too much for the monitor to handle? I'm using SmallHD DP4's.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • The monitor doesn't do the processing and decoding of the video bitstream, so it wouldn't be that.

• Hellò, I have a similar issue with a gh2, Flowmotion patch, external monitor Cineroid. If I have ext monitor connected and "on", by menù of gh2 it's impossible to select film mode 720 50p, if I switch off the external monitor I can select 720 50p, but when I switch "on" the external cineroid monitor, the video parameters are 1080 25p... I have tryed selecting by gh2 menu' external hdmi output to all value (auto, 720 ...) Please anyone have idea how to resolve it? If anyone knows an alternate patch I can change without problem. Sorry for my bad english... fabio

• I have had problems in the past with a Manhattan HD monitor. I couldn't get it to play back through the monitor, even though it would play in the camera. Have you tried the stock firmware to see if it's really the hack?

• Thanks for reply Yeehaanow, You suggest me to upload original firmware to try ? Ehm, I have a little problem, until the first day I bought Gh2, I have uploaded hack firmware, and... I don't know where it'a available the original firmware...