Personal View site logo
Is G1 worth keeping? Picked it up cheap with 14-45mm.
  • Hey Guys, just picked up combo of G1 with a 14-45mm cheap on ebay so I could use the lens with the pocket cam. I know nothing about the G1 and I'm planning on just putting it back on ebay, but I thought I would check to see if it is worth keeping for a possible backup or trash cam. I believe there is a hack, but again I know nothing about the camera.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • i liked it as a photo cam very much :) better than the subsequent g's (2+3) but it doesnt do video as far as i remember

• No, no video. I bought one also 2 years ago for the 14-45 lens w/metal mount. I don't use it at all. It's going on ebay soon, I thinkI'll be lucky if I can get $100 USD for it.

• G1 is not bad camera. Slightly dated sensor, but otherwise you can use it without problems.

People are so picky now.

• That was my first cam with interchangeable lenses.. Was very solid and I liked it a lot too.. Then I've got G3 and I missed all controls G1 had. Shame it didnt do video.. That was main reason to get G3. Now I'm selling also my G3 as I have two GH2s and they totally rocks for the price I've bought them :)