Personal View site logo
The official 2014 New Years Resolution Thread!
  • First of all an early Happy New Year! OK, thought I would start a New Years Resolution thread. Just to keep this under control, how about list ONE resolution, WHY you're doing it and HOW. You can also comment on others' resolutions and ask/offer advice on how to keep them - but only if you have listed your own first.

Resolution: Cut down on alcohol consumption.

Why: I'm 43 years old, I have slowed down the drinking in the last few years - I don't have it in me to party like it's 1999 anymore. A few weeks ago a buddy of mine was in town and we went on a gin & tonic rampage. I woke up the next day with a huge gash on my arm and empty beer cans and Mcdonalds wrappers everywhere and no recollection of the previous night. I guess that's better than waking up next to a dead body or a 60 year old hooker but still.

How: I'd be kidding myself to think I could go cold turkey, as that always ends up in a binge. I want to limit my intake to 1-2 glasses of wine or beer a week, and no hard liquor.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • no, waking up next to a 60 year old hooker or dead body would be way better. david lynch would put it in his next film.