Personal View site logo
Apefos Scoperama Anamorphic Adapter Development Topic
  • 470 Replies sorted by
  • Perhaps you could do some 3d printing for the housing? the cheapest one i believe is around USD1600

• @lolo thanks for the idea. I was thinking about this some time ago and it seems to be possible. there are some ebay listings for cheap 3d printers also. The 3d printer has different beak / nozzle sizes, they call it printing resolution. Only thing I think the 3d printer cannot do is the filter thread (screw) because it is very fine, but I can use a metal step-up ring attached to the plastic body. I was also thinking about plastic injection, but I do not know if it would be cheap to do.

I want to restart the project for sure, if I can find an enjoyable and affordable way.

• If you're doing a small/limited run, a 3d printer is not a bad way to go. You don't even need to buy one. You can use someone like shapeways to print your models. If you're doing a large run, you should consider a faster/cheaper process.

• @apefos

If you ask me, it is much better to invest in good CNC machine than to throw money for useless 3D printer.

• 3D printers are good for prototyping your final designs, but CNC all the way for final product IMHO

• Thanks guys, I will do a research abut CNC.

• useless? oh boy, the truth is not an absolute thing... they are both powerful tools if you know how to use them properly, and what are theirs pros and cons... btw a 3d printed object is not 100% done after the printing, it needs an acetone wash or an acetone vapour sauna....

• @lolo

I mean it is useless to make production adapters. And especially compared with good CNC.

• @lolo very interesting video, thanks!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I understand CNC can give better finishing and better moving between parts. But for a low budget product in small amount production the 3d printer can be good alternative. Maybe there are affordable CNC machines similar to 3d printers also, similar size, cheap and good quality.

• Maybe there are affordable CNC machines similar to 3d printers also, similar size, cheap and good quality.

You need to understand your requirements first. I suggest to check cheap 3D printers capabilities and quality (I really do not like em).

For CNC you can check your local firms and also alibaba and aliexpress.

• thanks, I will take a look.

• @lolo one thing come to my mind about the acetone: the parts must align between them to allow moving one inside the other for focusing and also for fit the lenses, if the acetona process changes the size and thickness it will be a problem, or will need to make the parts a little larger considering it will be smaller after the acetona process.

@Vitaliy_Kiselev The CNC will need a careful research, in first moment I just saw big machines, but I believe there are machines in same size and budget of 3d printers.

• i have seen some CNC for around usd2000 the cheapest, about the acetone, well that is actually the idea, how much the acetone will eat the piece it depends (in the vapour process wich is the best, because it is more uniform) of how much acetone you use, how much air there is inside the container that has the printed object, the temperature of the vapour, and how long you have your object inside the container, just use a method to find out what formula works best for the result you want

• wow that´s cheap!

• I started to rethi8nk the project looking at some old draws and some new study, I got the idea to do some research about government financing for small inventors... If I do it it will be on my own efforts...

• I have been working in new design for the Apefoscope Anamorphic Adapter since some months ago, I finished the new design for body and glass. The most important new feature is there are three screws which works as axis to avoid the front lens to fall when doing focus, more safe construction. These screws also allows a fixed cilindrical focus, the user just need to adjust the distance focus. Less chromatic aberration and better corner sharpness are expected. And caps for front and reas lenses.

As everybody knows I got problems with dealing with plastic and glass partners and due to this the manufacturing was stoped.

I do not know if I will get a deal with the old partners or if I will find new partners, but I will try in it in 2016. I designed two models in an attempt to perceive the preference from partners.

This is not a promisse that things will happen, but I will try again. There is a big problem here in Brazil called envy, when people see you are rising, they try to stop you, they say they do not have the parts to sell and they say things are not possible to do, they say things does not generate profit, and there are some market protection in the glass market, a very closed market to get into it, lots of excuses... also I cannot manufacture a big batch at a time because I do not have enough money for this... but I will try to deal some units...

• @apefos great news!!!!ofc m43 mount!!! one focus is fair enough....i'd love to have it not too bulky (like baby berthiot hypergonar) to be able to run and gun on my gh4 with one-handed gimbal.... wide ....really wide