Personal View site logo
Meetup: New York Personal View Members meeting
  • 62 Replies sorted by
  • dude, i moved to LA! and I'm on the GH3 now.

• Here is a ruff edit of the meeting. Small group but it was fun and we shared many ideas.

• @badhussar are you liking that GH3?

• so far so good! digging the .mov file structure and the 1080p60 conform to 24p for slow mo. not digging the monitor info going away after a bit.

• I'm willing to be the organizer of the NYC Winter meeting. Unless someone else is really dying to be the organizer instead! Anyone who might attend such a meeting should therefore follow this topic.

I propose we'd meet in January to minimize conflicts and busy holiday whatnots. The date I'll put out there is Saturday, January 4th.

• Having met @Alienhead when i organized the last event i would say i am trust him to this. However, i too would not mind doing the organizing if no one else steps up / something comes up. Ditto on proposed Jan 4. 2014. woa. 2014 !!

• Hey @OSGondar! If we can get say 5 people to go on a specified date (Jan 4) then we should probably stick to that date, since last time it kept moving around and got delayed. That way there could be another meeting if needed/wanted to include people who couldn't make the first date.

I like how we showed each other some of our gear, that was interesting. If we had been able to hear each other a little bit better then we could've had introductions where each person talked about what they were working on and their production methods and workflows and could've had a more group conversation instead of lots of individual ones. If someone has an apartment they wouldn't mind people meeting in, that might be ideal.

• @OSGondar @Alienhead

One thing about meetups is not to make it one month from time of talks and not shift the date.

In fact all you do is reducing participating people count significantly.

• @OSGondar @Alienhead @HimaB … nice to have live faces for the nicknames ;-)
    “I shoot people” jajaja and do they die? Cheers guys and good meeting

• I'm not wedded to the Jan 4 date, but I think people will probably not have as many conflicts early to mid January. I do think when we get 4 or more to agree we'll need to just stick to it.

@maxr just try to imagine me some other way than I appear in that vimeo screengrab!

• @maxr Thank You, I'm glad you liked the video. Nice to meet you, Are you going to try your best to make the next meeting?

I want to add that I think @Vitaliy_Kiselev is correct. Over a month from now may be too much, personally... it makes me put it so far on the back burner (mentally) that before i know it i plan for things like work / shoots etc for January without really thinking about the meeting. If we could meet before the 25(Christmas) we would enjoy the holiday PV style and still have plenty of days before Christmas & family etc.

I think its absolutely possible. @Alienhead can you make a day before the 25th work? I think aiming for V's December suggestion is good.

• I could do a weekday in December. My December weekends are looking pretty full, except for this coming one.

But don't let that hold you back. If there are enough people who want to get together on a December date, go for it and maybe we can have a meeting in January as well.