Personal View site logo
Want to beat Moire by Preparing before the Shoot- Need advice
  • I have a tough situation in an upcoming shoot. I'll be shooting two actors and about 4-6 feet behind them will be a mesh-like screen (this is on a screened in porch, and its that metal mesh/net/screen material used to keep bugs out). How do I avoid moire? (I'm shooting on a GH2 with old manual focus Lomo lenses (28mm and 50mm) using Intravenus 2 hack setting.) All advice and recommendations much appreciated - thanks in advance.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • There shouldn't be any moire if you're focused on the actors. If there is, try moving the actors further away from the screen, even a few inches should do the trick.

• Make sure you have a way to really look at the video, like an external monitor, and consider using a camera with less moire, like a rental for a few days. Make sure you have the sharpening turned down in the camera. If you are using a hacked firmware, do a few tests, there are slight differences in the way the firmware handles very small details, but moiree is just kind of built in to the cam on some level.

• @htinla @DrDave Thanks guys. Great advice