Personal View site logo
Sirya: True democracy is near
  • SYRIA's president has reached "a point of no return" and faces the same fate as former despots in Libya and Iraq, Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said.

Turning to the ongoing unrest and military crackdown in Syria, Clinton bluntly warned the situation could devolve into an all-out civil war. She says the U.S. wants to see a peaceful, non-violent opposition, but blamed the President Bashar Al-Assad regime for provoking defectors to take up arms.

Turkish President Abdullah Gul said there was "no place for authoritarian regimes" in the Mediterranean region, heaping more pressure on the embattled Syrian regime, in comments published Sunday.

Syrian National Council (SNC), an umbrella organization that claims to represent many Syrian rebel groups, is asking for international intervention in Syria.

Bunch of criminals wanting to lauch full military assault on indepentent country.
  • 40 Replies sorted by
  • I'm curious, who are the criminals here?
  • Not Barak or Israel want to see him go ...so ,that's out the picture.The US is in the pocket of Israel,like it or not, its the truth, so the US is out of the picture..so ,the question now is , who is behind this?hmm,who wants to see him go that bad?lets see, Syria is mostly (%70 Sunni) ,10% Christian, 10% Alwite (the president is one),10% Kurds and Druz..where have you seen or had a country ran by a minority , a very minor minority to say the least run or in control of a country for this long (40 years) like Syria, I can't think of one..we Orthodox Christians in Syria have fears of a future Syria with a Sunni control,I think they are valid concerns..But,I'm also realistic, 40 years is a long time..And if not now, in 5 years , most Christian Syrians will be in Russia ,Europe or The States, and Sunni's will grow in numbers close to 80% (also a fact they make lots of babies compared to others in Syria). In the end it may turn out to be just simple math and statics that is the cause of all whats going on ..Hope for the best , we been lucky to be a very "safe" country over the years, hope somehow things go back to normal ..

• South Africa
  • @sammy

Such logic don't longer work.
    Today even old enemies unite to wipe out any remaining independent countries (not on paper but in reality).
    Elimination is absolutly required as invaders not only badly need things they have, but also can't allow people to see any alternatives during fast social standards drop.
  • Syria ain't Egypt and certainly not a ragtag group of clowns like the Libyan Military. These guys have a real military and are way brutal. An oh, not a lot of oil there either. Get the body bags ready. I'm betting on Junior to crush this uprising.
  • I highly doubt "ragtag group of clowns like the Libyan Military" thing.
    It is "ragtag group of mass media clowns and criminals covering Libyan conflict".
  • Well, in one of the great epic wars of the last 600 years, The mighty nation of Chad defeated the legendary forces of the Libyan Military. Chad used advanced ground warfare methods like putting machine guns on the back of Nissan Pick up trucks. Brilliant!

• @brianluce

I like you approach to make fun of things.
    This thing is just not made for this :-(
  • My point is that mixing Libya, Tunisia, Egypt and Syria into the same bag and saying that since x happened here that y will also happen here is wrong thinking. The situations are discrete, like I frames! This is a nasty, oil poor little nation with lots of guns.
  • I will mix it, and I have a reason for this.
    Turkish, US, UK authorities said anough already in past months.
    System in now removing all good manners, one at a time, but fast.

Removed your wikipedia link, just because it is quite flawed.
  • What's flawed? the Hamas massacre is well documented.
    Well, time well tell Vitaliy, but I predict Syria will be left to its murderous, oppressive way of doings things -- too many guns, not enough oil to make it worthwhile. Cost benefit analysis.
  • @brianluce

I know your point of view, thanks.
    Wikipedia article is quite bad and really flawed.

I predict US and UK will be left to their murderous, oppressive way of doings things -- too many guns, not enough oil to make it worthwhile. Cost benefit analysis.

Like it? I don't think so.

Situation is not discrete. This is how rulers want it to looks like, because it is much more easy to destroy opponents one by one.
  • It is in fact discrete, each of these mid eastern countries is different with different levels of technology, military strength, economic disparity, resources, populations, geographies, ethnic divisions etc. There is no one size fits all policy that could possibly work. I don't know why people are so eager to lump the entire middle east into one big pot and think a single (usually boneheaded) policy is all you need to advance western interests.
  • @brianluce

don't know why people are so eager to lump the entire middle east into one big pot and think a single (usually boneheaded) policy is all you need to advance western interests.

Like this words.
    This is because people generally do not want to go into details, if they see same guys doing same criminal things with always the same result. Btw, this guys don't give a fuck about "economic disparity, resources, populations, geographies, ethnic divisions" in the end. They just kill as much as they can, and fuck evryone else.
  • Here we are, 2 years later - they'll finally attack "to punish" the use of chemical weapons, but not to drop Assad because they don't want opposition in power either. Kreml is not amused. What I don't understand, why would Assad use c-weapons now, that's obviously the dumbest and most pointless move to make and I'm sure he can't be that stupid?

• What I don't understand, why would Assad use c-weapons now, that's obviously the dumbest and most pointless move to make and I'm sure he can't be that stupid?

Just do not expose yourself to western mass media so much, and you won't have such questions :-) As all this thing won't be possible without prostitutes in mass media.

• I don't have TV and don't read news online - I'm not exposed to mass media since couple of month, I just heard about the (strategically idiotic) chemcial attack so I'm asking since many different views come together here.

• Have any of you been in Syria before the outbreak of "civil war"? I was. In Syria, it was the most educated people in the Middle East (except maybe Iran). I wonder whether this delectable owner of a cafe in Damascus, who studied in Prague, who knew several languages ​​(Russian, English, Czech, Polish), if he's still alive? They all have their own interests in Syria: Russia, USA, Great Britain, France, China, Iran, Turkey, Al-Qaeda, but we all have in the ass lives of ordinary people. UN Security Council can not agree on Syria, that is to say that no one wants to end this holocaust. Look at how the present borders of Syria. Who has set them? The people of Syria? Or maybe the great European democracies? France, the United Kingdom, which have always cared about the interests of the people in their colonies (sarcasm)? Everyone wants to settle Hitler for his crimes? When the colonial powers to pay for the crimes committed against the people in their former colonies? Yes I know I'm naive, but I do not fuck with Peace, having loaded gun.

• @Mihuel clearly not enough syrians were concerned about their own country. The invading radical islamist mercenaries would've had no chance against a unified and armed population, and the insurrection would've been put down in a matter of months, leaving Obama and his gang of warhawks no excuse to bomb it into rubble. Granted, Assad has run an autocratic regime that much of the population did not like, but the alternative is coming soon, and it aint good for ordinary syrians

• The invading radical islamist mercenaries would've had no chance against a unified and armed population, and the insurrection would've been put down in a matter of months, leaving Obama and his gang of warhawks no excuse to bomb it into rubble.

It is good idea to research the subject, and check the numbers of trained armed man that corporations US, UK, Turkey are constantly delivering to Sirya.

Granted, Assad has run an autocratic regime that much of the population did not like, but the alternative is coming soon, and it aint good for ordinary syrians

Isn't it interesting that population stopped liked "regime", right after big corporations decided so?

• " Isn't it interesting that population stopped liked "regime", right after big corporations decided so? " I understand your point of view, but this is a huge simplification. It seems to me that if anyone wants to defend Assad should focus on the great diversity of Syria, which Assad regime through a single entity. The price of this unity was very high. Once again we must thank France and the UK for colonial politics. THANK YOU!

• It seems to me that if anyone wants to defend Assad should focus on the great diversity of Syria, which Assad regime through a single entity. The price of this unity was very high. Once again we must thank France and the UK for colonial politics. THANK YOU!

Hmm. So all this years they had absolutely no understanding of their country, and you had :-)

Btw, side you are supporting here won in Iraq. Check consequences.

• I hope, it may help for the discussion: A short guide to the Middle East