Personal View site logo
1280x800 IPS 7" NEWAY CL76HO-X and CL76SDI monitors, amazing
  • 266 Replies sorted by
  • So it seems the panels that are supplied for these monitors have backlight leakage. Problem with the manufacturing process I presume. It's subtle while shooting in bright locations, but quite obvious when dark. I can't return it since there is nothing wrong with it... In retrospect its not a big problem but may have dropped a few extra dollars for a smallhd or Marshall.

• @tyh0505

To be more correct, it is not monitor problem, it is panel problem.

Unsually such things happen if pressure is not even on the panel borders.

• I purchased one of these monitors a few weeks ago. It arrived on time but upon booting up the monitor the screen showed similar backlight leakage as joeevento. White backlight was visible in the corners and where the screen screws are. I was advised by Vitality to open it up and loosen the screws to hopefully release some tension and torque on the screen. I loosened the screws in the blown out corners, tested the screen again, but there was still the same visible backlight leakage. I contacted Cole and attached a photo, and received the response that that the picture backlight leakage is within the allowable range class, and joeevento's monitor was an extreme case. So it seems this may be a common problem ("trait") of this monitor. I am waiting for another response from Cole to see what the outcome of this is. I will follow up.

photo.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 665K
  • Can anyone confirm that it will work in regards to the progressive thing. I can't find any details on this matter.

It must work.

Can I also ask if the squeeze option is usable for 2x anamorphic situations.

I doubt that it will work good, I do not remember monitors that are really good for such work.

• HI guys,

I am about to buy this sdi monitor for use with the black magic mft camera. Can anyone confirm that it will work in regards to the progressive thing. I can't find any details on this matter.

Can I also ask if the squeeze option is usable for 2x anamorphic situations.

thanks

• @vincelucero

I can, as we work with them direct :-). Thing is they have issue with site updates and accuracy.

• Noticed the Neway site specs show only 300nit for the CL76HO and 400nit for the CL76SDI. Can anyone confirm the claim of 600nit? Or compare it to other monitors like the SmallHD?

http://www.newaye.com/products_detailed.aspx?Flag=1&ID=583

• I´ve ordered the NEWAY CL76HO-X last week. Shipping was very fast. Excellent product. It´s well built and sturdy. Colors and contrast are brilliant.

• Sorry Vitaly I don't have it, i bought without

• I can't see or read about a earphones plug. Am I right? No support for earphones to hear audio coming from HDMI?

• Monitor support,I put hdmi auto on gh2 , but I'll try to select each time manual output hdmi and see what happens, but you guys told me is not posible in 720 anyway, isn't it?

Read camera manual about this.

• Monitor support,I put hdmi auto on gh2 , but I'll try to select each time manual output hdmi and see what happens, but you guys told me is not posible in 720 anyway, isn't it?

• Oh! I saw in the manual Signal support 1280x720 50/60, check it out, what a pitty, i thought it was posible....

What manual? Monitor support all necessary resolutions and framerates, but camera doesn't.

• Oh! I saw in the manual Signal support 1280x720 50/60, check it out, what a pitty, i thought it was posible....

• I learnt that the hard way. Its true

• @RatLabProductions

Yep, nothing to do with monitor.

• You can't use 50/60p on GH2 with HDMI plugged in if I remember correctly. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong as I have a GH3 now.

• Hi, I got mine too, sweet, works very well, I'm using it my jib and is very helpfull, perfect picking for focus etc...the only problem I had and maybe you help me to resove is this. I got three mode resolution with the last moonT7 hack in the memories c1,c2,c3. 24p, sh and fsh. Never let me go to sh (720/50p) when it is attached, never only 24p and full hd with fsh. When I switch to c2 (720) the camera and monitor stay at fsh. Only disconecting the camera I'm able to shoot in 720, but without the monitor, and I bought it to use it in all modes :( Anybody had the same issue? Let me know if there is a solution

• ok, all's well that ends well! (I hope you understand this Italian proverb ...) :-)

• A simple quality control would have saved us time and money at all.

They have 100% quality control. But you must account postage handling methods.

• Hello, I was sent back to the monitor after I sent them my that did not work. I had some communication problem given the time zone that have prolonged the time required for verification of the fault but that's okay. Cole has always been polite and shipping costs are all borne by them, I only had to pay € 23 customs fees and taxes ($ 30.5) :-( To make amends they sent me a little present, just a thought but thank you anyway! I only have a little tip: A simple quality control would have saved us time and money at all.

Thanks again Vitaiy, the monitor is wonderful

@Tscheckoff: P.S. the new monitor does not present any "bleeding" and the black is now totally black

• @Tscheckoff

It is not normal for this monitors, as we have many happy owners here. Issue with this specific item is being solved now by manufacturer.