Personal View site logo
Olympus EM-5 topic
  • 386 Replies sorted by
  • Impressive combination E-M5 + 75mm 1.8

• OM-D EM-5 with Panny 14mm 2.5 & LA7200 lensadapter:

• most of it shot on E5, all the close shots, love the camera!

• Few questions to EM5 owners. How does AE AF lock function work on EM5? I've read that you can set it to a functional button. That's good. But does it allow to lock exposure and focus in auto or aperture/shutter priority modes WHILST recording video? Can you change this button's behavior to lock only exposure or only focus or both at a time?

• Af single, full manual mode for exposure.

• No changes ISO during video recording. No aperture changes at M video mode.

• New firmware released, with small fixes only

• The highlight and shadow control function was modified so the exposure settings are applied correctly at ISO 2000 or higher.
    • The issue that occasionally prevented operations during long exposures was resolved

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/e1/

• I really need something like LCDVF for manual focusing with fast lenses. EM5 has larger screen than GH2. For GH2 I use "VF-169 3 Inches 16:9 LCD Viewfinder" from eBay. Just thinking if viewfinder for 5Dmk3 with metal frame can be applicable?

• Hello Folks...please excuse my ignorance. This is my first post here. I have tried to find this info in your threads but I've had no luck.

I'd like to shoot some travel videos with my OMD...nothing fancy...just some edited clips to make a small movie.

I've read how the OMD is crippled for video because it doesn't offer the 24 frames per second that serious video shooters prefer.

I've also read that it's better to shoot in the mov. mode instead of the full HD mode because of this.

Now I'm confused.

For those of you who routinely shoot videos, and know what you're doing, please share the settings you would use for video if this was only camera you had access to.

I say above, "nothing fancy"...but I'd like to get the best results possible with this camera.

Thanks for any help.

• Interesting article about switching to the Olympus OM-D from the Canon 5D.

http://jonathanposner.tumblr.com/post/40780795719/my-olympus-challenge-10

"When digital arrived, Olympus lost their way - and they lost me. So now, is the OM-D as beautiful as the OM-1? Not quite, but never mind. The important thing is that I’ve come home - and for all the right reasons. For all those reasons, this now is the camera to beat, and this is the camera I’m about to own."

• Olympus OMD EM5 ISO 3200 Leica Summilux 25mm f/1.4 ( at 1.4) Handheld

• EM5+75mm f/1.8 Handheld ISO 1600-3200, conformed and edited at 23.097p AvidMC (offline quality)

• First test for hard grade at MBL. Maybe I need dial Sharpness and Saturation down. After 2.14 shots by GH2 Quality of vimeo (1080p) very different from original file.

• ending scenes with GH2 for comparison and test to cut with EM5

• Those videos are really nice Vadim! There are very few OM-D shooters for video, probably because of the motion artefacts and limited video options, but you convinced me of getting one instead of thinking getting a G6 for 2nd body to accompany my GH3!

• Thanks @ntsan.

sharpness -2

• I would like to ask about Ibis in video mode. On youtube i can see so many test, but many aren't so good: it seems to watch some "water" on the screen. Take a look:

it's the autofocus, or the ibis can't be so perfect?

• @Renovatio you need to update your firmware to the latest version. This is an old video.

• So no problem during recording? I'm thinking to take the pen ep 5 for video. I'm not going to take a panasonic without this perfect ibis.

Thanks anyway

• Freehand-shot - IBIS for Film awesome - for Foto ?!Problem

• about 5000 plays. Shot on OMD. I think, no stabilization at post. Oversharpened because Sharpness "0", now I set it always "-2".

• I think I know why is all video on Youtube with Olympus looks too amateur. Because it first of all still camera, and there are no professional videographers want play with only 30p and low bitrate limitations.

• Videographers also say that 24p is the less important thing to have that cinelook you want. Also, with twixtor you can do something..

• I just conform all to 23.976p1080, nice option for easy slow motion rapid video.