Personal View site logo
Meetup: New York Personal View Members meeting
  • Hello everyone

OLD DATA for Now

We are meeting at the famous / popular Union Square steps across the street from whole foods, getting acquainted, playing with our cameras etc. Then we are moving into whole foods which has seats and tables upstairs and a very nice variety of eats.

Post Meeting:
    The meeting went very well, it was great! Nice to meet you guys and hope our group can grow for the next one which at the moment I am open to suggestions about. I would say sometime in late August? Sept?

Video : Due to popular demand here is an edit of the meeting. Sorry it took so long to put something together i have been over worked these last couple weeks. I still plan to do a post on OSGFilms (http://osgfilms.com/personal-view-meeting-new-york-0613/) and add pictures, actually write a proper article / post but i am behind on some projects. Just know we had a great time, more details soon.Thank you for your patience!

• 62 Replies sorted by
  • Feel free to bring your GH2, GH3 also so we can make a video to share with the rest of our personal view community.

Proper is to make it "Feel free to get your camera with you". :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Sorry! I mainly shoot GH2 or GH3, and everything else i rent per request so i guess i was thinking about cameras i actually own, which is not what everyone owns lol. I Will fix it!

• @OSGandar, I'm interested in attending the NYC area meeting.

• @jasantana Welcome aboard, Does my date suit your needs? If so great, how about location? can you get to midtown ok? union sq area?

• @OSGondar, thank you. Yes, that date is fine and Manhattan is ideal for me. Midtown, Union Square (the Brans & Noble comes to mind). Are we talking just a place, or a place with a food/coffee eat option? There's also Washington Square Park? I'm good where ever. Thanks for doing this.

• Small adive - it is best to meet either at home or at cofee with plenty of food and drinks.

• @jasantana We will meet in a good open location for getting together / easy to find each other. Union Square steps is perfect for that, so is the center fountain of Washington sq park. If its too hot both these locations have great options for coffee or venue based on collective spirits.

Thanks for your suggestion.

• Good deal. I'll stay tuned here.

• I'd love to come but the end of June is really hard. A lot of movies are either starting or wrapping (I myself have a movie wrapping that day). Also, I think a lot of videographers have events every Saturday in June.

• I'd love to make it, as well, but will be out of town that weekend and the next.

• I have a shoot that night if we meet early enough for lunch and drinks I'm in. Driving in from NJ Union Square or St Marks works great!

• @HeroWorship what time do we have to be done by or what time do you have to leave? i can start the meeting in the afternoon and it will go into the evening. Worst case scenario you come for a couple hours and leave early. Hard to say how long the group will hang out for but i expected we would make a good few hours of it.

@danabrams If you are wrapping on Saturday would the following day be better for you?

• I'd love to join you but I'll be out out town until July.

• I'd like to go but can't 22nd, 29th would be better for me. I vote for Kenka, which I've never been to but must is probably more interesting than the Union Square choices. And if the group meets around Union Square, I would say Starbucks.

• Yo NYC! Unfortunately I will have an upstate shoot June 22nd weekend and the 29th would be better as well. I might be able to organize access to a space (15 peepz) near Union Square to skype in @Vitaliy_Kiselev et all if I tell them that competent professionals in the group might be interested in booking it in the future (no affiliation ATM on my part).

• Hello All,

I'd like to cast a vote for meeting June 22 at Union Square.

• @OSGondar - anyone with a family or other obligations needs more than 3 weeks notice for a weekend event. Especially in the summer.

• I'm sooo down for a NYC PV meeting. But I'm out of town till late July. If anyone still wants to meet up then, let's be in touch. I'd be coming from the Philly area, but it's pretty definite I'll be in town from August 16 onward, if that's not too late and works for peeps. @OSGondar thanks for taking up the torch on this.

• Ok, I hear you loud and clear and i will adjust! You need more than two weeks notice and June is very busy for the NYC folks. How about first weekend of July? That would mean @danabrams @Branson @rockroadpix @wowstanley @Alienhead and @posit can join...

Sorry @Branson but Postponing until mid august may be a bit too much, I rarely know what is going on two months from now, clients come and go, i can schedule for the next month though. Maybe we will have another meet not long after from the first one. So the first weekend of July? (Current June guys @HeroWorship @jasantana @atwater2 onboard too?)

Sound off! yes or no.. i hope this will accommodate a lot more of you =)

• No worries @OSGondar, I'm not a true Trekkie, but in terms of decision-making, I'm all Spock.

• Thanks @OSGondar for adjusting the date. Unfortunately my Saturday July 6 is locked down for a shoot (apologies I didn't mention). If the first weekend of July is the best time for most of you, I can always go to the next one.

cheers :)

• So who, beyond @Branson can NOT make June 29th? Could you suggest an alternative in July? Got OK for the space off Union Sq. today and I think repeat meetings are a great idea.

• How many GH2 registered users are in New York?

• I can probably make 7/6 or 7/7 work.

@willianaleman - a lot. I'm surprised that @jspatz , @madmax , @badhussar , @goodempire , @tommyboy , & @Trackzillas haven't chimed in...

• @willianaleman I am a GH2 user. It would be great to meet up with other GH2 people who could potentially be 2nd camera hires or collaborators, and possibly temporarily exchange equipment or rent from to make the most of resources.

It seems unlikely to get everyone interested to meet on the same day, perhaps there could be two meetings on 6/29 or 6/30 and 7/6 or 7/8.