Personal View site logo
New Raw 1080p Prototype Camera answer to BMC lack of High Frame Rates.
  • Hey guy's found this developer whose working on a new Raw 1080p 2/3inch chip CCD Global Shutter camera the images are crisp and filmic. Description: (Truesense KAI-02150 CCD sensor, global shutter, 1920 x 800 pixel, 25/45 fps, other resolutions and frame rates are possible Recording software saves Cinema DNG files, 12 bit RAW Fujinon tv-lens 12,5 - 75 mm/f1.2) Here is what he had to say: "I have calculated it to ca. ISO 200, with gain it is good up to ISO 800. Sensor is 2/3" optical format, image area 10.56 x 5.94 mm, 5.5 µm pixel size. Captures up to 95 fps at 1280 x 544 pixels, sensor has 1920 x 1080 pixel"

If this pans-out right It can be a great tool to use in conjunction with the lovely Blackmagic Cinema Camera, or soon to come Pocket Cinema Camera. Let me know what you guy's think about this development.

• 17 Replies sorted by
  • @TrackZillas

Is it developer on video?

Looks scary.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Lol.. not sure, but if it's him his heading in the right direction with this camera.

• @TrackZillas did you email him about price and availability? I saw it earlier today, to me it looks more Film like than the bmc, and little bit more DR

• @sammy Yes I sent him an email about pricing and availability. It sure looks filmic I was wowed..

• Where the world is going? If scary odd looking man sitting on his couch now "looks filmic".

• it needs a better grade - i like the clean-ness of the kodak sensor but the colors are odd looking

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev hahah, you got me..

• The guy is trying to sell it for 7000....I'd imagine euros !

• @kurth Yes you got that right $7000 Euros I guess now it's time to close this topic and move on. My guessed price was way way off I was thinking $1K - $1.5

• ...yep...he's obviously living on another planet !

• To think about it. It doesn't look that filmic after all ..haha

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Where the world is going? If scary odd looking man sitting on his couch now "looks filmic".

Maybe he considered that you where fed up with bushes and trees.

• the sensor itself is over 1000 dollars. The industrial cams for the kodak 02150 or whatever it is are going to be 3500-7000$ alone. He's developed his own software for it

• Hey...it was a great science fair project...but who in their right mind would buy this over a BMCC ...which I shouldn't have to remind you....can be bought at a real camera store ...with a warranty ?? And if you want higher framerates, you would still have enough left over for a gh3 and lots of lenses ! We've all got to live in the real world...even dreamers.

• @kurth

I think someone will buy. Just to get rid of nightmare where this man on the couch comes to you every night in dreams.

• Not exactly "answer" to BMCC if not for sale and more expensive...

• I no longer the answer to BMCC lack of higher framerates. I get that the Sensor itself cost $1000 but you have to be competitive in this market place. 7k that's close to what you would get for a Red Scarlet brain and it also shoot Raw, Canon 1DC, & FS700 compress format bet still great images.