Personal View site logo
2K BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera, active m43, $995
  • 4493 Replies sorted by
  • Great! Does anybody know what the best C Mount lens will be for this? I want something that will give me shallow DOF and will be tack sharp. Any suggestions?

• @eyeiaye I don't know much about adapters, but I bought this one that was recommended by someone and I've had no problems using it with a Tamron 4-12mm on my GH2. Quality seems good to me and it's only $25.

http://m.adorama.com/newui/search.aspx?sku=VDCM43&MerchantOverride=ADORAMA&MerchantData=20121129102555355yg

• also does anybody know a very high quality C Mount adapter for this camera?

• does anybody know how sharp the computar TV lenses are?

• On the lensside im complete now:

Cosmicar 6,5mm f1.8 fixed focus 1' =>18,7mm!

Cosmicar 12,5 f1.4 silver version 1' =>36mm! Razor sharp at f2!

SK Cinegon 16mm f1.4 1'=> 46mm

SK Xenon 25mm f0,95 1'=> 72mm

On longer side plenty of glasses...

• Also, has anyone looked into the MITAKON 35mm f/0.95? I know it will be a bit telephoto on the Super 16 sensor, but that could be a reasonably priced very fast lens that would give great low light performance to the BMPCC.

• A lot c mount adapter/lenses require shimming so focus matches indicated marks,

• Just thinking about all the complaints that came along with the BMCC and the price of SSD's. Realistically, SSDs are cheaper per GB than the fast SD cards required for the BMPCC, but haven't heard much static about that yet.

Doesn't really bother me, makes the offload process a bit easier with the SD cards and they're smaller. Just throwing it out there.

I'm expecting to see drops in fast SD card prices coming up in the next year anyways so life is good for us filmmakers.

• Is there any reason why lenses like the Pentax 6mm 1.2 C mount wouldn't work? I know they got used on GH cameras in crop mode.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/573470-REG/Pentax_C60607KP_C60607KP_1_2_C_Mount.html

Does anyone have any suggestions for other new C Mount quality glass that isn't too expensive. It's a shame the scarlet interchangeable glass wasn't made, it seems like it could of been great. I wonder if any other third part Scarlet lenses got made in anticipation of the original interchangeable.

• What would be the aquivalent for the SK 25mm 0,95, seb3000?

• @eyeiaye Yes. For example 25mm f1.2 on the Pocket Camera should look roughly about the same as 47mm f2.2 on a 7d.

• To get a 7d look at 2.2.

This is not the intension of this camera. If it's a must, get another camera with a bigger sensor.

• Does anybody have any examples of what the DOF would look like at 1.2 to 1.4 on this camera. I'm looking to buy a very fast super 16 lens like the computar. To get a 7d look at 2.2. Would this look the same?

• This guy is selling brand new Pentax/Cosmicars 25mm 1.4:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/321112715051?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

He has more than one.

• Just bought a 14-45mm for usd155! Hahhahaha

The hunt for the 7-14mm begins.....

• Just got myself a Brand new Computar TV Zoom Lens M6Z 1212 12.5-75mm F1.2 C-Mount lens for $130 lucked out with that one, there is one more on Ebay right now asking price $250. This lens covers the full frame of the Super16 sensors @ 12.5mm.

• More will be in focus.

• Cheers @bwhitz

By deeper do you mean more or less DOF?

• So with the crop factor being 3x does that mean a Panasonic 14mm 2.5 on the pocket camera will be the same(ish) as the 20mm f1.7 on the Gh2?

Close to the same FOV. Depth of Field will be different, a bit deeper on the 14mm 2.5.

• @kevin_kirchman So true the Dynamic Range of the BMPCC is insane, & the color science is in my opinion some of the best in the market after Arri Alexa very similar. I also Pre-Ordered mines the day after it was announced @ B&H, I believe in August will start seeing the BMPCC in the wild. They won't repeat the same mistake as last year it would be catastrophic for the companies reputation.

• So with the crop factor being 3x does that mean a Panasonic 14mm 2.5 on the pocket camera will be the same(ish) as the 20mm f1.7 on the Gh2?

• I agree. I can't see a company making the same inventory/delivery mistakes they did on their first attempt at a camera.

That being said, the footage looks amazing. The dynamic range is what really stands out to me and the color science. Beautiful skin-tones.

I'm glad I pre-ordered the day after announcement with B&H. Hopefully we'll start to see some cameras in the wild in early August, including mine ;)

• The BMPCC is more ready now than when the BMCC was announced last year, that said It gives me an indication that they will be ready to ship @ ship date, and large quantities will be available right away. This is just a prediction, just watching the trends.

• People should remember this camera isn't even available yet!!! IMO you should all know pretty much what we'll be getting with this camera on the whole. It's based on the same kind of sensor and so far we can see that it is indeed very similar to the BMCC. Like most I can't wait for this camera to be out in the wild and being filmed with.