Personal View site logo
2K BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera, active m43, $995
  • 4493 Replies sorted by
  • Awesome! It's shocking that this footage is coming out of a pre-release camera priced for $1000. Damn, I want three!

• @philiplipetz john brawley stated on the vimeo threads that he can't release the ungraded footage yet. I'm guessing it's some sort of non-disclosure agreement with BlackMagic. The graded footage though (without Vimeo touching it) should be available but unfortunately isn't at the moment.

The link that I posted is to his first posting of the BMCC footage.

• Download is only 90MB so cannot tell much. Need ProRes files.

• Also you can download the vimeo mp4 file via a browser plugin. Granted it's not the "original" but it plays a helluva better on your PC then it does through a browser typically.

• @paglez neither do I. It's whats up there though. I'm just relaying the info so don't shoot the messenger.

• @killagram Original footage in MPEG2 format? I can't understand it. If you shot in pro res, you get a mov file!!!

• @luxis here's the download of the original BMCC footage, although it's w/o sound:

http://fil.io/FL5kh/Footage%20from%20Blackmagic%20Pocket%20Cinema%20Camera

• @Trackzilla: http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/2513-pocket-cinema-camera-c-mount-compatibility-list/

I can verify these:

10mm Kern Switar 10mm SK Cinegon Blackversion

Cosmicar 12,5mm 1.4 Aluminium version Cosmicar 12,5mm 1.9 black retro version no mod. needed

16mm 1.4 SK Cinegon All above 25mm should work (except Zooms)

• Does anybody know if 16mm camera lens will work on the BMPCC? not Super 16 Lens found a couple 16mm camera lens that I want to buy.

• Knew it all along similar 1080p resolution as the BMCC, thank you john for posting footage. Man ooh man thic cam is going to be shake the industry, that BMCC look pocket size that's insane.

• @johnbrawley Thanks for posting this! It looks quite nice and convincing! I wish there is the original footage as well, this would be really helpful. Is it possible for you to upload it somewhere?

On a side note: is the c-mount golden rush back again? and is the bmpcc the new carrot on a stick we run after? ;)

• Looks verdammt good, im preordering now!

• Looking good so far. :)

• Black Magic's color science looks like an improved version of Canon's...

• that looks very very nice! glad I ordered one immediately

• Today I bought a Cinegon 16mm f1.4 for ca. 40 Euros! Yippie!

• @TGDude exactly what I did. Preorder from adorama to avoid all the traffic from b and h.

Footage looks awesome, no barrel distortion at all! Glad I pre-order it on the second day it's released.

• Thanks JB

• Looking good, no to much jello at all.

• nice - I'm glad the Image Stabiization was on. But regardless; very nice looking footage. With a proper rig and some nice glass, a very serviceable cam.

• @Johnbrawley

In the picture I posted above you can see not the entire part of the sensor is used on the BMPCC. It's a 1080x1920 crop of a sensor not a 1080x1920 sensor. Just like the BMCC uses a 2.5K crop of a sensor not a 2.5K sensor. So you are saying the base sensors on both camera's, before the crops, are different? on BMCUSER (link below) you say it's a smaller version of the same sensor. Since both are cropped they are essentially the same sensors with different crops, correct?

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?2965-MFT-BMCC-Silence&p=60496&viewfull=1#post60496

• It's a different version of the same sensor family. In other words, a 1920 version of the BMCC sensor. It's not a re-purposed 2.5K sensor.

jb

• @Flacnvinyl

One reason would be less heat. I have a theory for another reason as well. Maybe, just maybe the BMPCC sensors are the defective BMCC sensors which halted production last year. Maybe the defective part is in the sensor area that the BMPCC doesn't use. Maybe the BMPCC was developed, in part, as a way to not let all those sensors go to waste, and make money from them. It is an odd area of the sensor they are using. Why not the center? Hmmmmm.

162874.jpg
    973 x 517 - 57K