Personal View site logo
Vo-96 Acoustic Synthesizer
  • I know there's a number of you who are musicians. As a gearhead I love stuff like this, so felt inclined to share. There's a point about 1:30 in where the guitar sounds like both an acoustic and Hammond B3 at the same time.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/38513516/the-vo-96-acoustic-synthesizer

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • There are already essentially the same thing but for electric guitar. It is a magnetic system (like an EBow) that both detects string vibration and manipulates it. Some people are really very into it, others see it as a gimmick. If there is one thing I've learned in creative endeavor . . . you can't replace skill with technology. If there's a second thing I've learned . . . there are multi-tools that do an ok job at a lot of things, and then there is the right tool for the right task that really can't be beat.

I have a Hammond B3, a custom-built guitar from Warmoth, a GH2, and a 2X anamorphic lens. I'll let you guess which side of the fence I fall on ;-)

(if you play guitar, check Warmoth out, they're awesome . . . the "hackers" of "GOP1 quality" in the guitar world. Once you get one of their raw wood necks professionally set up on a guitar, there's no going back, that's for sure.)