Personal View site logo
Official G3 hack development topic
  • 191 Replies sorted by
  • Forgot to mention the above was rendered in Sony Vegas at 26mbps (max available). Don't forget to turn on 1080p.

• guys, check topic title please.

This is topic you need to use for all discussions concerning G3:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/81/panasinic-g3-official-topic.

• My apologies...

• Where is the official G3 hack with information on what it does exactly to the video settings on the camera? Thank you.

• Seems no manual movie mode for G3 currently. Vitaliy will release another PTool version soon.

• Will it be soon? I just bought a G3 yesterday, and if there is indeed a new PTool, that would be great! (Even if it doesn't include the manual control..yet) I am more than willing to wait for it! Keep at it! Thanks!

• PTool with G3 support is out quite long.

• But no 'manual movie mode' for G3.

• I was replying to joel. He said "Even if it doesn't include the manual control..yet".. And this PTool is out since june. I also am waiting for manual movie control :)

• Hello, HELP NEEDED (lower bit rate hack)

I am new to hacking (my G3) and I have used setf.ini by @pvdog only to find my 8GB (30mb/S, rage 10) now can only record 10 mins of video , instead of an hour or more previously with the standard factory settings. What I would like is a trade-off: a hack that gives me better quality than factory settings and gives reasonable use of HD card capacity. I believe @pvdog's hack is at 49mb/S, so is there a hack in the range of 15-25mb/S?

I can buy a larger capacity SD card and I probably will anyway, but high cost is not something I can currently afford. I'd love a GH3, or even a G5, but finances do not permit at present. I want to make best use of what I currently have.

Thank you, BT.

• 8GB card should be enough to record about 30mins. If you look closer, remaining time is counting slow (1s in about 3s). So with 49Mbit/s avg rate 8GB should be enough for about 27 miins.

• Oh, I already know of the release, just waiting for the one with 'Manual Controls', just as Alex mentioned. Hoping they find the solution soon!

• Mine is brand new. I am not yet famiar with its all features. Should I refrain from hacks till I get used to it or is it advisable to ahead with one?

• if you want to shot videos with higher quality, you can use hack. Also if you have EU versiou with 30min time limit you should remove this limitation and shoot to whole card.

• Hello. And sorry for my bad grammar. My shiny new G3 works perfect in photo with a kit 14-42mm. But what's wrong with the video? It's very sad to see the result of using hacked (up to 42Mbits) f/w v1.2 Please, look at the images attached - it hasn't any details at all frame and looks like grabbed from 2Mpix webcam :-) Another problem is "interlace", I think. Or this "legless" guys have a chance to get a video with the details of his motion? Would you like to give me an advice of how to improve the video quality? I don't have another lens, so please consider this.

Many thanks to all of you!

NC13Day2 (51).MTS_snapshot_03.13_[2013.03.25_15.49.23].jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 248K
    Untitled.jpg
    834 x 626 - 74K
  • It seems like low light scene, thus camera was shooting at long aperture. You can try to lock shutter speed in Flicker removal menu. Also in lower light scenarios, you should use the largest possible aperture for shooting. Shooting at F5.6 with low light will produce blurry darker videos. I'm shooting with PanaLeica 25mm F1.4 in low light scenarios. But you need a lot of light to shoot crystal sharp videos

• Thx, JOFO And also, how can I reach the 30p FPS in this case?

• If you mean shutter speed, then you could lock to 1/120 1/100 1/60 1/50 in the Flicker removal menu on your camera... that's the only way to lock shutter speed until VK will figure out full manual control hack

• @Klever

Looks like a dance competition/judging. What kind?

• haha, Vitaliy will make status update in march, where can we find it

• @xu_alex

I'll do it soon, sorry.

• So exciting information ......

• Hi. Just making sure, this is the right forum to be in to receive updates from you and about the Fully Manual Control hack when it is made, correct? I see there are multiple topics that discuss the hack.

And..

When IS the update coming, Vitaliy?

• The status update..