Personal View site logo
For Sale: ISCO Widescreen 2000 - 1.5x anamorphic adapter and tripod mount
  • I'm offering a rare ISCO 1.5x Widescreen 2000 anamorphic adapter in excellent working condition, along with the most practical anamorphic lens mounting system I've seen. This adapter has the coveted 1.5x anamorphic squeeze ratio found on the renowned Iscorama 36 and similar lenses. The major difference with the Iscorama 36 is that the Widescreen 2000 is a fixed anamorphic adapter that is focused at infinity. For shooting closeups with this adapter, you attach a 0.4-1.0 diopter to the front of the lens. Fortunately, this Widescreen 2000 adapter comes with a 72mm filter ring mount, along with a 52mm OEM lens mount on the rear of the adapter. This assembly is light enough to attach directly to the front of a prime lens with a 52mm filter ring without additional support. For added stability, I've attached a rotating Canon telephoto tripod collar mount to the anamorphic adapter mount, which can be seen in this photo of the complete anamorphic adapter assembly:

The tripod collar, 52mm rear mount, and 72mm front filter mount can all be removed, revealing the core anamorphic adapter:

In this photo you can see the only significant cosmetic flaw on this adapter - a row of circular marks made by the set screw in the OEM adapter mount. This is an inevitable result of the set screw design which allows you to freely adjust the vertical orientation of the anamorphic lens after it is mounted to your main lens or 15mm rails support. In practice, the marks are concealed within the adapter and have no effect on the function or optical clarity of the lens. Here are closeups of the visually flawless front and rear anamorphic lens elements in the adapter:

I have used this ISCO 1.5x anamorphic adapter successfully on the GH1 and GH2 with prime lenses as wide as 28mm and apertures up to f1.4 without vignetting. The edge-to-edge sharpness and clarity of this lens sets it apart from the blurry corners typical of 1.33x adapters made for SD camcorders, and its flexible mounting system makes it a rare pleasure to work with. I'm selling this anamorphic adapter for $950 via Paypal, postage paid to the continental USA. PM me for the details.

Here is downloadable, unedited sample footage of the ISCO Widescreen 2000 adapter, taken in anamorphic MJPEG video mode on a GH1 with a Konica Hexanon 40mm f1.8 lens @ f5.6. This footage was produced in-camera without post-production stretching, displaying pixel-for-pixel what this lens can deliver.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • I'm so sad to be truly broke right now. Great lens and great price, thanks for sharing with P-V first.

• You steel have it?

• No, it's been sold.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions