Personal View site logo
Chinese G2 (with full Chinese menu) hacked, setup menu 'REC' missing
  • I am from China, I own a 'Chinese' G2 which can display Chinese menu normally, I hacked G2, format SD card, turn off and on the camera, and I found the first setup menu "REC" missing sometimes, while sometimes appears. Then I have to go back to the official G2 firmware Version 1.1 from Panasonic website. This does not happen with my 'Japanese' GF1 and G3. Does this mean that PTool can't hack 'Chinese' G2 normally ?

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • It can. But it depends that you are doing. best idea is not to change language and do not touch this patch, and check again.

Handling of Chinese region is quite different from others in Panasonic cameras.

1. 'not to change language' -> No matter 'All interface language' enabled or disabled, this happened.
    2. 'do not touch this patch' -> what's the meaning?

Thank you Vitaliy Kiselev.

• The attached file is what I use. What I really care is 'Manual Movie Modes', if possible, could you please send me another 'ini' file so I can load it in PTool.

setb.ini
    1008B
  • Just uncheck All Interface Languages.

if it does not work, just try to uncheck PAL<->NTSC.

• just now i enable only 'version increment', 'version compare', 'new body' and 'manual movie modes', but 'REC' menu also missing, and sometime appears. 'manul movie modes' no function at all, can't find the related menu in setup.

• just now i enable only 'version increment', 'version compare', 'new body' and 'manual movie modes', but 'REC' menu also missing, and sometime appears. 'manul movie modes' no function at all, can't find the related menu in setup.

I think you need to check manual or such.

And check how manual patch functions - http://www.personal-view.com/faqs .

• Hello Vitaliy, in PTool 3.66d, only 4 items checked, as attached picture shows. But 'REC' menu of the camera also missing, and sometime appears. Can't find the 'P,S,A,M' mode in 'MOTION PICTURE' menu. while my Japanese GF1 has 'P,S,A,M' mode in 'MOTION PICTURE'.

4 item checked.jpg
    392 x 640 - 78K
  • @xu_alex

G2 implementation is simpler. As far as I remember you just need to enter menu and go back to shooting.

• What I mean is that, after Chinese G2 hacked, dial at 'A', in camera setup menu, 'REC' menu sometimes missing, sometime apprear; also can't find 'P,S,A,M' mode in 'MOTION PICTURE' menu. BUT MY JAPANESE GF1 HAS NO THIS PHENOMENON.

• @xu_alex

G2 patch is different from GF1 one. As I remember you just need to enter menu from usual shooting mode and go back, check icon now - it must be movie manual mode.

• I will try, how about 'REC' menu, when will it be missing, and when will it appear ?

• Haha, yes Vitaliy you are right, just now I try it. dial at 'A', enter menu and go back, then motion picture will be 'A'M mode. Thank you so much.