Personal View site logo
Windmotion - upsampling to 4:4:4
  • 263 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks rean.

I was just very cautious due to the unconventional way the program works.

By the way I should take the opportunity to thank you for developing this. I'm really looking forward to see how good this will be when you've got it working how you want it to. Do you intend to have a user interface for it in a future version?

• HarryPowell: Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs

• How do I uninstall the old version of Windmotion so that I can install the new update?

• @Mark_the_Harp: a black video is a bug. It is already fixed. Also huge amount of bugs also already fixed. A documentation is in progress, sorry, the program is just an alpha version - many changes every release. I have recorded some example video, it will be published later.

And here is a new version: 0.3.0.Alpha6, 2013-02-16

• New feature: ffmpeg threads in settings.
    • New feature: mkv import support is added.
    • New feature: Import of RGB videos from a screen recorder software.
    • New feature: audio codec is added to export scripts.
    • New feature: MJPEG, Huffyuv and Uncompressed 10-bit export.
    • Using flac instead of pcm_s16le to get smaller video file sizes when import.
    • Variable vcodec is added to import scripts.
    • Export scripts directory changes.
    • H.264 export speed optimized.
    • ProRes ffmpeg export quality improved.
    • Quality improved in Denoise8to16, MotionDenoise8to16, Dither.
    • Bugfix: Beep added to export scripts.
    • Bugfix: Incorrect ffmbc ProRes settings.
    • Bugfix: Incorrect avi 4:2:2 and rgb lossless muxing using ffmpeg (black video). Changed to a mencoder implementation.
    • Bugfix: Color shift fixed in HalfMotionAverage8to9, Denoise8to16, MotionDenoise8to16, Dither.
    • Uninstaller bugfix: Delete all avisynth registry settings.
    • Some texts and scripts corrected.
  • I have instaled and read the readme but cant run it. WIl try again, i like this has good potential.

• I have instaled and read the readme but cant run it. WIl try again, i like this has good potential.

• Ah, @endotoxic, then I've got further than you - although I had to install it twice because I couldn't work out where the install directory was (only because it didn't launch the readme on completion) - the other programs appeared in my programs list, but the actual bit you want is a collection of batch files - which don't appear in the programs list, of course - and once you find the c:\soft\video\windmotion directory and look at the readme.txt it's not so bad. I got it to work and managed to create some sharpened y,u, and v versions of the original, and (EDIT) got an output file out of it.

@rean, I appreciate the priority is to get your software completely done, not to write guides, so I shall continue to play and discover what this can do.

• "typical" flowchart showing the essential steps (what happens first, what happens at the end)

true, ive install it and it never run on my PC win 7 64bit

• Looking forward to some simple directions - had a play at exporting a 444 8-bit lossless version of a GH2 file, but for some reason only got audio, not video. I know the energy should rightly go into a release version; it would be brilliant if any documentation could include a "typical" flowchart showing the essential steps (what happens first, what happens at the end) and where other batch processes should happen (and how / where the files are stored). Flowcharts are great visual aids (even for an audio person, like me) and save a million words!

This potentially looks great so looking forward to exploring more.

• Any likelihood of this being made for OSX? Might have to get round to sorting out a copy of windows 7 for my hackintosh...

• @Jasketti Download the latest version (Alpha 5). I have fixed this foul detection. http://snovidenie.com/windmotion/download/

• https://www.virustotal.com/file/521c210f0cde567c6cdaef12b87e7a600b98c8763fd68a36206bff549565b9c2/analysis/1360675331/

AVG found a virus :)

The Beep.exe source code is:

program Beep;

{$APPTYPE CONSOLE}

uses MMSystem;

var FileName: string;

begin FileName := ParamStr(1); if FileName = '' then FileName := 'Beep.wav'; sndPlaySound(PChar(FileName), SND_SYNC); end.

• I tried installing the Windmotion alpha but AVG claims to finding Trojan horse downloader from beep.exe file within windmotion folders. Is this just AVG being paranoid?

• @jazzroyjazzroy you use an old version. Download the new version. It is absolutely different and works correctly with 40 cameras currently supported.

But, anyway, if you use Sony-NEX, the same as my camera (I have NEX-5 and NEX-7), the conversion should work correctly. It seems you have no codecs installed, so the program cannot play a sound. These codecs are located on the subdirectory "Install", if you use Alpha2. The new version installs all required stuff automatically. Note: wm directory is absolutely different. Also avsi files in current Alpha4 are not compatible with Aplha2 projects. Restore your original MTS files before using Alpha4. There are "undo" files in the directory "src" to do it (or in "temp\src", sorry I have not remember the right place). Alpha4 works with undo in different way. You always can get your original MTS from any camera in any project stage.

• This one. It doesn't produce the WAV file and so nothing of the next steps can work.

error.jpg
    635 x 303 - 118K
  • @jazzroy

while importing audio is not converted giving error.

What error do you mean?

• It seems there's still some issues for me to get it working. I finally succeded in having Avisytnh correctly registered, but next problem is that while importing audio is not converted giving error.

Just a note: Instructions are a bit misleading about MTS position, it would be better to write: create a folder and put inside it your MTS file and the "wm" folder (at first I put the MTS inside the "wm" folder!) Just switch point 02 with point 03.

• Some tricks to working with a video window:

• Click and drag - move a video
    • Double click to video - change a resolution to full screen and to back to 1:1 view.
    • Click and scroll - change video view zoom.

Some tricks to working with a frame position viewer:

• Click - direct change a frame position
    • Click and scroll - move frame position by one frame.
    • Click and drag - move a frame position.
    • Right click - play/pause.

Commands:

• Ctrl-S - save current state and reload video. Not requires if you close the window - it saves all changes automatically.
  • @Hallvalla I don't know. Program installs 3 DirectShow codecs and itself. Also DirectX 9 is internally used to play Video. Here are lots of batch files used, those require Windows CMD.exe to handle them. If Wine allows to use *.bat files, DirectX and DirectShow, probably it will work.

@zsero I will try to make it soon with a simple instruction how to use it. Currently installing is simple. Just click to "Next" for all installer steps.

• @rean, can you provide some guide/screenshots to the codecs/tools installation?

@Hallvalla, I think this is a super integrated windows tool with lots of codecs and helper tools, it'd be super hard to make all pieces software ported to Mac. Like imagine porting Quartz Composer to Windows.

On the other hand, it should work fine in virtual machines.

• Will this run through Wine if you're on Mac OS X?

• Windmotion 0.1.0 Alpha3 is here. http://snovidenie.com/windmotion/download/

What's new:

Beta versions renamed to alpha. Huge feature update coming soon.

• New feature: Full screen video player with an integrated editor.
    • New feature: Camera-specific avsi generation.
    • New feature: DVD VOB, general video and more cameras support (40+ camera models).
    • New feature: Faster edit with a cropped version.
    • New feature: Crop and Resize.
    • New feature: Change Fps and Delay Audio.
    • New feature: Deblocking using SmoothD2.
    • New feature: Advanced masking functions.
    • New feature: Little histogram modes. Support of small video sizes.
    • New feature: Play with sound.
    • New feature: Restarting viewer when memory is full or viewer crashed.
    • New feature: More general Trim support. Final Trim to remove non-denoised frames.
    • New feature: Advanced logging. Tee added.
    • New feature: Play lsb frame for 16-bit video.
    • New feature: One AB function for all processing functions.
    • New feature: Automatic detecting of fps and resolution. Info2Bat added.
    • New feature: A/B YUV channel viewers.
    • New feature: Fix vertical flip for some MJPEG videos.
    • New feature: Fix fake interlaced clips using BlendTwoFrames.
    • New feature: Color matrix is used to convert RGB-YUV.
    • New feature: DNxHD, ProRes 8/10bit via ffmpeg or ffmbc.
    • New feature: Combined output format: 8 or 16 bit for all commands.
    • New feature: Software Installer.
    • New feature: AvisynthHere to move Windmotion to another folder.
    • Project files (*.bat) updated to more general use.
    • Simplier and faster generated avsi code with comments.
    • Updated project directory structure.
    • Faster Deinterlace processing.
    • Deshaker included in all editions.
    • Deshaker uses color matrix to convert YUV-RGB
    • Deshaker code optimization
    • Vignetting and Sony NEX-7 color shift profiles with all frame sizes.
    • Format conversion improvement.
    • Export advanced export options including bitrate, CPU cores and quality.
    • Support of space chars in file names.
    • Support of general video files with the same created time.
    • Backup and undo code are totally rewritten.
    • VirtualDub and Notepad++ are removed.
    • Windmotion settings in separated avsi.
    • Source code refactoring with more comments. Some functions changed.
    • Stability improved.
    • UtVideo updated to 12.0.1
    • x264 updated to 2245 (JEEB)
  • @BurnetRhoades & @rean: I've not used windmotion, but I´m interested in the tool. I like avisynth and what you can achieve with this free tool. The film script I wrote about it's amazing, but as a mac os x user I've just used match grain in After Effects to avoid one more step in the workflow for similar results.

About Neat Video, I'm not talking anything technical here (that's what makes NV attractive, just find an area with the grain, sample it, check after/before and if you're happy: render), I just saw that in windmotion plus the improvements to the image (something that can compete with 5dtoRGB afaik) there's going to be a the denoising option. A lot of folks like me use this: 5DtoRGB to convert to Prores and apply a full range, and then denoise with Neat Video, then you go and edit & finally apply color correction. As a final user (filmmaker&editor), I just want to avoid steps. If windmotion can deliver similar results to this combination, then I'll make use of it in my workflow for sure.

• @rean I wasn't making any kind of comment on windmotion, but responding to his comment that Neat Video has always looked better than anything he's tried in avisynth, assuming he's not referring to your tool. Most denoisers that I've seen tend to use a lot of blurring and apply it to the luminance of the image as well when this is where the detail of the image is and where the least amount of noise is to be found.

That original detail can be put back intact, and enhanced, while the chroma, where the noise is going to be found, can be aggressively denoised. That's quite possible. That is a fact.

• @icp Corruption of details is not an Avisynth-issue. There are many methods to keep them. Windmotion will hide the Avisynth things knowledge. Just mouse clicks... I believe in it.

Wait a while. Now the program is horrible, I put it to public too early, because I was asked to do it quickly. But soon you will be surprised at how comfortable and elegant will all be working with Avisynth.

@puttydivision no ways to get it in MacOS, sorry. Of course, I can theoretically create it. But it requires 1000+ hours of programming. I do not have the financial ability to take away from my life for 5 years, to make the program what I do want. If I have a chance to invest in it, I can promise that I will also support MacOS.

@BurnetRhoades Windmotion already has beautiful denoiser and a possibility to use masking, working with channels, using motion-compensation and other things.

A restoring of details is not possible at all. It is mathematically correct. Do not look for magic algorithms. All the best that I have personally seen - turns into something like a cartoon image. Better originally nothing to lose and choose exactly what you need to fix and what to leave. Masking is a key.