Personal View site logo
Logitech: Story of another idiots
  • 31 Replies sorted by
  • Logitech, one of the world’s top makers of personal computer peripherals, has announced its quit from the market of affordable OEM mice supplied by PC manufacturers and which are sometimes found in retail. Sales of such devices got lower in the recent quarters because of competition. From now on, the company will focus on more expensive pointing devices, which it sells through retail channels.

One of the reasons why Logitech’s mice became pervasive was the fact that the company sold its mice with new PCs as well as via retail. However, due to the fact that OEM mice have very limited profit margins, Logitech decided to quit this business,

“While the OEM business has been an important part of Logitech’s history, we see limited opportunities for profitable growth,” said Bracken Darrell, president and CEO of Logitech, during the company’s recent conference call with investors and financial analysts. “Given our heightened focus on our growing retail strategic business, we plan to exit OEM in the coming months.”

Chart is good to weight idiocity of the things they talked in first post of the topic.

http://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/anton-shilov/logitech-set-to-stop-selling-inexpensive-oem-mice/

moza30.jpg
    554 x 403 - 41K
  • Btw, Logitech is constantly "improving" their support. As I understand they axed their chat, also now they require you to make account and contact them via form.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev - Awesome :) Didn't look too shabby. Too bad it must be removed before docking the phone for charging (or anything else) though, but it's understandable... I'm still ordering one :)

• I was looking to buy a universal remote not long ago. The Harmony line seemed to be the most functional, but they all looked like shit. I couldn't get myself to buy one. Most brands looked like bloated pieces of crap, and the one or two I found that had a more discrete, elegant design seemed to be very lacking with regards to the programming/functionality/device support again.

Then I figured out that one universal remote is still one remote too many cluttering up my table, so now I am waiting for remoteless TVs that I can just gesture to. Before that happens, I figure my next TV (and surround receiver) will be pairable with my iPhone...

• This story reminds me on DSR radio technology, it had fantastic sound quality but it just lacked big lobby so it was literally cuted off air. All who bought the receiver (me too) had some expensive electronical waste to get rid of. If someone interested about that truly idiotical story:

http://wikipedia.qwika.com/de2en/Digitales_Satellitenradio