Personal View site logo
Resort Promo I shot in the Keys
  • Final Edit

Shot with IV2, Sanity 5.1 at 1080 24p with a shutter speed of 30 and 40

SLR Magic 12mm F1.6

Rokinon Cine 85mm T1.5

Pany 20mm F1.7 for timelapse and night shots.

Custom motorized Varavon S900 slider from here.

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • a variable ND would have came in handy for the "sunny" shots but it looks really good

• Yeah, I was debating that. I actually had the Genius Vari ND with me but I used a straight Tiffen .9 instead to get away from the cast. Shooting in bright ass Florida was a bit of a challenge to expose everything evenly on this cam. I might be able to pull some sky back but like I said, I'm only in the basic stages of grading :)

• BTW,thanks for the kind words @GravitateMediaGroup!

• @vicharris - Nice little piece. For color, I'd isolate some "tasty" colors (blues, greens, yellows, reds) and make them as vibrant as possible without looking produced or distorted. What're you grading in?

• How'd you do the timelaps?

• @tinyrobot I was trying to get the timebuster hack to work right before I left but ran out of time so I actually just used the +300% feature in camera, then in post I sped it up to I think 7000%. I ran Sanity 5.1 with the Pany 20mm 1.7 lens on it. I have some other ones from a different hotel on a main river that turned out cooler.

• @artiswar Thanks sir! pm'd you

• @vicharris Looks good. Nice intimate feel. Can see why your client was pleased. Professional, but still unique and intimate style and feel. Most resort videos look the same...and they're all too quick and hyper-kinetic... not really making the viewer/customer think their resort is a place to relax. Really well done.

• @matt_gh2 Thanks man! It's always nerve racking to put stuff up on boards. I wish I knew how to grade better because I'm sure I can make it pop even more. I'm working on the advice from @artiswar.