Personal View site logo
GH3 Best Videos
  • This topic is NOT to post all videos made with GH3 that you can find.

Video must be one of the follows:

1. Really good quality, with some content, story etc
    2. Educational video (about GH3)
    3. Scientifically made test video (no emotions, careful planning, etc)

• 25 Replies sorted by
  • Graded version of Review 7: Gh3 Demobbed.

mpegstreamclip 300mb Encode versus FCPX to Vimeo Share 933Mb direct encode.png
    1926 x 842 - 1M
  • Written and Directed by Bruce Logan

DPs: Bruce Logan and Philip Bloom (although I really dislike most of what Philip Bloom does.. nothing personal, Phil)

Frankly, I didn't see anything uber-incredible in this short film in terms of looks - nothing that my good old GH13 can't crack. The lenses are nice though.

• Some comparison shots: GH3 vs GH2

Part 2: High ISO comparison, Details/Moire

• vimeo.com/groups/gh3users/videos/58253996

not sure why it isn't posting as a "video"

not sure what to think of this one lol

I actually like this video below

• Don´t speak french, but it looks good;)

• It was made with a pre-production unit, but I think it´s superb shot with accurated workflow. Beautiful Decay, by Martin Wallgren

Technical info of footage:

GH3 V. 04 firmware.

Lenses and equipment used: Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/0.95, Nikkor AF 50/1.8D w/ Sankor 16C Anamorphic attachment, M.Zuiko 12mm f/2.0, Genus ND-fader, TVlogic VFM-056w HDMI broadcast monitor, Manfrotto 755XBK tripod w/ 501HD video head, DIY glidetrack 1m w/ Manfrotto 701HD video head. Edited in Final Cut Pro v10.0.6.

File settings: MOV 1080p24 All-I 72Mbps, 1080p50 IPB 50Mbps, 1080p 40% slowmo 24Mbps Picture settings: Standard -5 -5 0 -5. Timelapse shot with the built-in timer, electronic shutter mode and RAW capture. Music: "Quiet Hours" by 'onlymeith', ccmixter.org/files/onlymeith/39658, licensed under a Creative Commons license: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

• This is Music Video i shot with a raw GH3 setup using only 20mm 1.7 lens and mostly handheld shots. All info is in the video. There is a lot this camera can do without much more than a lens. The client is a rapper from over seas who flew in to make this. This is but a preview i made of before and after shots to feature on my website but of course want to share here too =)

OSGFilms_RoofshotGraded.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 276K
    OSGFilms_RoofshotRAW.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 313K
    OSGFilms-Linda-Malek-driving-Graded.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 232K
    OSGFilms-Linda-Malek-driving-Raw.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 307K
  • Hm, don´t know if this fits the first criteria, but you can kick it anyways if you feel like , Vitaly ;)

• I'm not sure it is best, but it shows low light performance, GH3 + Voigtländer 25mm f/0.95 , ISO 400 , ungraded ... ambient light only ...

• Here is my latest commercial, GH3 + Voigtländer 25mm 0.95, almost no grading ...

• Hard to say if these qualify or not. However, they were shot entirely hand held with Auto ISO in what really wasn't great lighting.

The story behind the videos is that these kids will probably be competing for an Olympic medal in 2020 if Climbing becomes an Olympic sport later this year.

1080p @ 60 FPS .MOV, 1/320 shutter speed for slow motion, 35-100mm @ F2.8. No color changes or color grading at all. Just simple editing and joining of the clips and the added music. Otherwise straight out of the camera.

I think the 1080p youtube quality is surprisingly good with these videos.

This is the professional video that was shot with Canon Cameras for comparison.

Here is the tips and tricks video that I think has some helpful hints.

• Some really nice slo-mo done with GH3, Nikkor 500mm!! and Twixtor. Hope this person doesn't mind that I linked this here.

https://vimeo.com/groups/gh1/videos/61763975

• Guys, this is videos only topic.

• This topic is NOT to post all videos made with GH3 that you can find.

Want to remind this

• Shot on GH3 - ALL-I 23.97 fps, with some scenes shot at 60 fps ALL-I, Rokinon 7 mm fisheye lens, Leica 25 mm Summilux, 14-140 kit lens, FCPX with Neat Image for noise processing. All grading done in FCPX.