Personal View site logo
Fremantle: Panasonic GH3
  • Just a quick test of the Panasonic GH3 down at Fremantle in Western Australia. Shot with a Voightlander 25mm and graded with filmconvert.

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • how did you manage to get one in australia? I would very much like to know =)

• ME too, where do you get a PAL version GH3 in Perth..

• Ordered off Adorama back at the beginning of December, only got it a few days ago :)

• Also its not PAL. I think Gerry Gibbs had some but sold out by the 3rd. You'll probably have to wait until the end of January before they get in locally

• @SergioLeone What were your settings? With all due respect, i am not impressed with GH3's resolution and image quality. Tack sharp and video-like. Somehow, the hacked GH2 still has more cosmos, even if the DR is slightly smaller. Compare your video with some of the films shot on GH2 with a Nokton 25mm as well. The razor sharp images produced by the GH3 will make BMCC an even more exciting option

• This is the first time I've ever used a camera with manual controls so mark that down to my inexperience. I had it on the Portrait profile with everything dialled down to -2. Also I realised too late that my shutter speed was still set at 1/50 so that would explain the jagged slow mo.

What settings would you recommend? I'm such a newbie at this.

• I dont think the sharpness was due to yr "lack of experience". I hv seen quite a few demos online made by pp of repute, same results. Panasonic changed the sensor, and this is the result.

• The GH3 has more controls to dial down sharpness than the GH2. Wouldn't this issue be negligible when considering the upgrade?