Personal View site logo
SanDisk 32GB Class 10 died without warning
  • Before I start: The mentioned Sandisk card is known to be one of the best choices for high bitrate recording with GH2. If you are new to all of this, this post should not mislead you to buy from another vendor. Just don´t. For now SanDisk SDHC Ultra 32GB Class 10 / SanDisk 64GB SDXC Extreme Pro are the two cards you want to buy. Period.

To make a sad story short: After nearly two years of recording with similar hardware (GH2 + Driftwoods latest/Flowmotion + several SanDisk SDHC Ultra 32GB Class 10 UHS-I 30MB/Sec) without any problems ever I turned on my PC the day after shot to backup data and it would not recognize the card - at all. No corrupted filesystem, no request to format it, just if as if there was nothing inserted into cardreader. Windows Drive Manager does not see any new volume when I insert card. Tried to put it back to GH2 and it keeps saying: No Memory Card.

The day before I reviewed footage for client, all was fine. Footage is quite important - could possibly shoot again but would mean a lot (!) of hassle and would loose quite some credits from client. Any kind of data recovery service will need to be payed from my own pocket as it was my cam. Worst case scenario.

What can be done? Any ideas?

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Ultra cards are not SanDisk's better cards. They've never been a recommended choice here. Extreme and Extreme Pro are the recommended cards.

Try different card readers. If you can't get any card reader to recognize the card, then I don't think there is any recovery that you can do on your own.

• There are services that check for free if they can help you.. And speaking in terms of re-shooting - that may be more expensive than such service, depending on your type of shoot..

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions