Personal View site logo
Black Magic: Official $1,995 raw cinema camera topic, series 2
  • 1111 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev where is the BMD cam in this video?

• funny talk going on at bmc forum by disgruntled fanboys wanting more mini-updates. whatever the case, its probably in bmc's best interest to just keep quiet about whatever manuf issues they have until after the problem is solved.

• @retrospective @arknox

I can't tell you the source, it was private talk. :-) This version can be incorrect, but at least it has much more logic in it compared to official one.

• Source for this info? Don't see this info anywhere else. :-)

• I may be switching to the GH3, if that is the case. I can buy it with the Voigt 17.5 for the same $ as the BMCC. I'll give BM til Feb to suss all of this out.

• Whats your source?

• Btw, it looks like issues are quite serious.

Story with glass did not ended with any results.

One of the versions I heard that company who make sensors can only make small amount with good quality, all else exhabit big number of dead pixels and heavy banding.

• @sunboy Nice to see this doing the rounds :)

• Following a moving object as you pan can greatly reduce the "perceived" rolling shutter. But things like trains and cars, not sure you can do much about that.

• Does rolling shutter not affect fast objects moving in the frame too? Such as runners or cars driving past? Presumably it isn't all about handling properly.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev we all know you know about tech spec of cameras, so i want to ask you one thing: do you believe its glass contamination that is delaying camera delivering on the BMC?

• Id like to see some tests for jello. Rolling shutter (as in verticals "leaning") in itself is not so much of an issue. Jello, however is – as any small vibrations will distort the image (sometimes unrepairable). Sometimes you don´t notice it until you open the footage afterwards...

• And how is this rolling shutter any worse than what you might see on any CMOS DSLR?

I guess all the people that were planning on making a film where the camera pans around in circles really fast for ages on end won't be able to use a BMC, what a shame...

However, for the rest of us I'm sure that when the camera is handled properly, and handled as a cinema camera (it's even in the name folks) rolling shutter will either never be apparent or will be a very minor issue.

• It's also odd that the poster for that video has disabled all comments for it. Seems like a plant to me.

• Good god!! Does nobody how to operate a damn camera anymore? Really? That's the test? It's not a 3CCD camera. If you wipe it back and forth like that of course it's going to happen, especially at 24p. Come one people. This is the second video I've seen of people trying to say this camera is not what it's cracked up to be who are panning the damn thing around like it's a $100,000 Pany P2 cam. Just stupid.

• I don't mean to pee on anybody's parade, but I found this video of rolling shutter on Black Magic

Is it just me, or is it really the case that the rolling shutter on my GH13 is nowhere as bad as on Black Magic.

• well at least looks like cameras ARE being delivered. I've ordered MFT version from teltec germany but still.. still... still... WAITING

• @vk

Yeah... Yeah. I know...

• @azza_act

LOL.

Yep, on all my android tablets Flash works :-)

• It's sucks to have a ipad sometimes....

• BH also has usually quite a number of international orders.

if they did not get payment in advance, this 800 orders, in real life can be 100 or less.