Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic gh lens pinout, who knows ?
  • Hello. Does anybody know lens pinout for Panasonic gh bayonet? I need to remotely control focus of mft lens connected to gh body. Can I cut some wires of bayonet connector and connect external encoder to control the focus? Or can I do this by adding some DIY electronics? Of course I mean partial disassembling the body. And I need iris still controlled by body controls as usual. Thanks in advance.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Information about the pinout and the protocoll for m4/3 would be very interesting.

• It seems more practical to do it via the body, with WiFi or maybe USB? Not sure why you would need to control the lens directly.

• I doubt that it is possible to control focus with proportional encoder (like a virtual focus ring on the lens) via WIFI or USB. Indeed I can connect wires inside the lens and control this way but in this case I will need to disassemble every lens which I want to use... I'd prefer to control via bayonet contacts.

• Indeed I can connect wires inside the lens and control this way but in this case I will need to disassemble every lens which I want to use... I'd prefer to control via bayonet contacts.

It is very complex and very costly project. With big legal issues, I must add.