Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 mov -poor mans raw
  • 28 Replies sorted by
  • That video hurts my eyes. Damn it's hard to watch. Good info but too hard to watch.

not only my eyes. I am sea-sick now.

• I made a sample frame of EOSHD vimeo clip of comparing RAW and not RAW cameras. I digged shadows and applied heavy sharpening and some color boosting to see clearer the differences of cameras. This is not same than boosting original RAW files but you can see something about quality of final renderings of these cameras. This test was originally about dynamic range. I think that GH3 has most "balanced" colors without issues. Of course one can grade whatever from RAW but that seems to be difficult to get "right" colors.

raw-notraw.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 303K
  • For me GH3 is great working cam. Two batteries and 3 16gb SD cards always enough for any long shooting day! Quality is enough for documentary and TV production. I have expirience of using GH3 and FS700 for shooting documentary, and i can say that i found GH3s 50pmov better than fs700 avchd. And it makes realy good footage for post processing, not as good as raw, but very usefull anyway. Now i am getting BMCC, but it is mostly for my own art projects, and i think that GH3 will still main working camera for me.