Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic Merging Consumer and Broadcast Divisions?
  • Kind of interesting news, as it was always a little Wonky that there was little connection between the division putting out the AF100 and the GH series. In most companies I would be worried about the Pro Division losing ground to more consumer oriented products (as people feel Apple as being doing, for instance), but since we've had so much power come out of the consumer division I find it exciting.

Original link below:

http://panasonicprovideo.tumblr.com/post/52189473132/new-organization

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • Hmm sounds like they already merged them. :-) And it is just consumer camcorders part. Or I did not understand it.

• Looks like pro stuff too. Isn't that a pic of a broadcast camera they provided in the new division picture for marketing?

• Looks like the entire company is restructuring...

Panasonic New Midterm Management Plan FY2014 Business Policy ○ The main objective is to immediately eliminate unprofitable businesses. Simultaneously, we will focus on working step by step towards our future aims. ○ 88 BUs will be consolidated into 49 business divisions in April and these 49 business divisions will be grouped under four Companies (Appliances, Eco Solutions, AVC Networks and Automotive & Industrial Systems). .

PDF here:

http://panasonic.net/ir/vision/pdf/20130328_vision_note_e.pdf

• One thing I see and remember referencing it is Panasonic & Fujitsu alliance on LSI.

• Btw, funnies thing here is that I had been strong proponent of such move for long time :-) Hope it'll have some effect.

At least now it is clear reasons of movements in US Pro division management.

• Panasonic guys could finally PM to Vitaliy access codes to easily decrypt and encrypt their firmwares.... that would raise the selling rates :-)

I will definitely not buy GH3 or LX7 before they're hacked. 30min limit is nothing but insulting someone who spends more than 1k to buy a camera.

• I will definitely not buy GH3 or LX7 before they're hacked. 30min limit is nothing but insulting someone who spends more than 1k to buy a camera.

Just get GH3 from our deals :-) No limit and PAL :-)