Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lanparte Old and New Rigs
  • 179 Replies sorted by
  • @jaecjaec: Thanks a lot for this! What you're referring to as the professional model, is the same model, but with the follow focus, mattebox, monitor and battery, right? Was the monitor included? How's that quality? (sorry Vitaliy if you consider this off-topic)
  • @Retina. You're correct. The professional model is the economy package in the deal here, plus the follow focus, matte box, battery system, monitor, and case. The monitor is the same as the Liliput 678 which has favorable ratings. Look it up on Amazon.
  • @jaecjaec: awesome rig as it looks like in the video (though your video itself could have been staged better :P) ... cant wait to get mine :)
  • hello
    i am interested in that rig, what is the weight of it? and how do i buy it?
  • I have ordered and payed the rig last wednesday and never heart anything from them so far. No confirmation, no shipping notice, no answer to my mail... Should I start to worry?
    Has anyone else received the rig already?
  • @spreegurke
    It is ok.
    Most of the guys had been at BIRTV.
    But your rig must be shipped already.
    Send me PM with your paypal address, I'll try to check with seller.
  • @Vitaly
    Thanks, but I have received the PayPal shipping notification & Tracking Number today.

• @mrmukke
    If you mean with the rig, ask seller (if you need both straigh and offset clamps). As I remember it is about $40.
    Separately - via ebay.
  • @Vitaly
    thanks a lot. i'm already in touch with the manufacturer by skype (through alibaba). very kind contact and he's sending me the whole package tomorrow including straight & offset :)
  • Doing a lot of weddings with my af100 and monopod/tripod.
    This is something I would like to invest in.
  • Is this still going? I want in.

I just sent my payment. I will let everyone know what I think of the rig when it arrives.
  • Received my rig today.
    It got stuck in costums, because they declared to little value on the invoice, so I had to send in the PayPay receipt...

However, the AF100 fits into the C-Clamp of the rig, if you remove the camera handle.
    All in all the system looks OK for the money, but I came upon one problem.
    You have to tighten the ball-joints of the hadle-bars quite firm in order to prevent them from moving, when you operate the rig.
    The little handles which you use to tighten it up have the screw-threats supposedly only screwed and glued in.
    So when I tightened it, the threat got stuck to rig, and I can not open/remove it without any tools. So this is nothing you would want to happen on a shoot. See pictures attached.

Also they send me the Offset Clamp, but I ordered straight.

@Vitaliy_Kiselev

Is the PayPal email address of Lanparte the same that I would contact in order to ask for the straight clamp and replacement handles?

P1060330.JPG
    2400 x 1600 - 2M
    P1060328.JPG
    2400 x 1600 - 2M
    P1060331.JPG
    2400 x 1600 - 2M
  • >Is the PayPal email address of Lanparte the same that I would contact in order to ask for the straight clamp and replacement handles?

Use their support email address info@lanparte.com

>The little handles which you use to tighten it up have the screw-threats supposedly only screwed and glued in.

I have almost the same handles (not from Lanparte)
    And their thum screws are different. No such problem present.
  • Payment for personal-view.com rig deal - straight
    This is the paypal title, so I thought the straight you said were the straight version. We will double check the handle problem. Anyone get the problem will get the new handle which lock tighter, I will upload the 3D render on monday. Sorry for the issue again, we will fix it.
  • @lanparte

Thanks for propmtly response.

>Payment for personal-view.com rig deal - straight
    This is the paypal title, so I thought the straight you said were the straight version.

Paypal title seems right.
    He is saying that he got offset clamp (see in first post) instead of straight one he wanted.

P.S. I'll stop providing any details via PM to prevent any new purchases until this problem with screws will be fixed.
  • any lanparte ebay store? I only need to buy some parts from them.
  • Also thanks for the very quick response and for offering help!
  • @spreegurkespreegurke I am starting to develop the same problem on my handle after a weekend of shooting. I thought it was my fault b/c my rig is heavy and sometimes I'm not too gentle with it. But seeing that you have the same problem I think perhaps there is a problem with the design. I've contacted Lanparte and he's promising a solution.

@lanparte The problem is not where the screw goes into the plastic lever. It appears that the rubber gasket material that holds the ball joint is not strong enough. Not sure if there can be an easy fix for that.
  • > @lanparte The problem is not where the screw goes into the plastic lever. It appears that the rubber gasket material that holds the ball joint is not strong enough. Not sure if there can be an easy fix for that.

right, that seems to be the problem. After tightening and losening the ball joints a few times, they can't be locked firmly anymore.
  • Got the rig yesterday and it works fine so far, I have not had the screw problem yet.

How do you guys balance this stuff? It is so front heavy that it is almost impossible for me a shoulder use of it.

What do I miss/wrong?
  • >What do I miss/wrong?

You need counterweight.
  • >It appears that the rubber gasket material that holds the ball joint is not strong enough. Not sure if there can be an easy fix for that.

What do you mean? Can you show this?
  • Take a look at the picture here. The screw does not drive directly into the ball joint. It drives a piece of rubber into the joint to create friction. It may work OK for a couple of times, but I think the aluminum chews into the rubber and makes it loose its grip.
    b444f401721386a29df57ab0eb2ac0.jpg
    2400 x 1600 - 2M
  • Hi guys. We found the problems, there is do have a little problem of the handle joint. (the ballhead with thread and the rubber washer works weel)See the following pics. We will use a stainless steel ring to solve this probelm. Our engineer made the ring, our worker will finish it tomorrow, we will try it as soon as we get the part, we do believe we can fix it.
    We are so sorry to bring you this kind of problems, we will delivery the new handles to you immediately after the test.(of course we will make sure this solution works) if this solution failure we will give the latest handle to you which can totally overcome this problem, I will post the latest handle tomorrow when I back to my office.
    123.jpg
    720 x 1017 - 74K
    1234.jpg
    720 x 1052 - 105K