Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cotton Carrier Vest...My Impressions
  • First off I don't work for Cotton Carrier or have anything to do with them whatsoever. Anyway, here's my rather long-winded experiences with their vest system. http://buy.cottoncarrier.com/cotton-carrier-camera-vest-p/635rtl-s.htm -First up, check their factory seconds and refurbs as I saved a bunch of money doing it that way. -Why didn't I have one of these vests from the get-go? One of the reasons I left my GH2 at home so much from my trips to parks for nature photography and video was because despite being a m43 system it's just too clunky, awkward and heavy to haul around for the many hours I spend walking the woods up here in Wisconsin, USA. I tried many times but just gave up and stuck with my Canon S100 and LX7, rarely taking my GH2 along. All of that has changed now with my vest. I've had that vest on for hours at a time and rarely consider that my GH2 with the 100-300 Lumix lens was on it. It's quick release so its up with the camera for photos and then back into the vest. I also use the safety tether clipped to one of the GH2's strap brackets. -My plan from now on will be to carry by GH2/300mm combo for birds on the vest and my coming GX1/Oly 60mm macro on one of their holsters on my hip. It's going to be a great spring and summer for butterflies and birds.

These 3 pics of the Hermit Thrush were all taken because I was able to haul my GH2 around with the vest. Very pleased with its build quality and adaptability. The pics are converted from the DNG originals. Edited in Camera Raw and exported using PS Elements 11.

2013 GH2 Hermit Thursh State P-07.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 1M
    2013 GH2 Hermit Thursh State P-08.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 2M
    2013 GH2 Hermit Thursh State P-16.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 1M