Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Vo-96 Acoustic Synthesizer
  • I know there's a number of you who are musicians. As a gearhead I love stuff like this, so felt inclined to share. There's a point about 1:30 in where the guitar sounds like both an acoustic and Hammond B3 at the same time.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/38513516/the-vo-96-acoustic-synthesizer

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • There are already essentially the same thing but for electric guitar. It is a magnetic system (like an EBow) that both detects string vibration and manipulates it. Some people are really very into it, others see it as a gimmick. If there is one thing I've learned in creative endeavor . . . you can't replace skill with technology. If there's a second thing I've learned . . . there are multi-tools that do an ok job at a lot of things, and then there is the right tool for the right task that really can't be beat.

I have a Hammond B3, a custom-built guitar from Warmoth, a GH2, and a 2X anamorphic lens. I'll let you guess which side of the fence I fall on ;-)

(if you play guitar, check Warmoth out, they're awesome . . . the "hackers" of "GOP1 quality" in the guitar world. Once you get one of their raw wood necks professionally set up on a guitar, there's no going back, that's for sure.)