Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Reducing the GH2's sharpness on the 14-140mm kit lens
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • Hey everyone, I think I've found a way to get the effect I wanted, I've found this software called '5D2RGB', and once I've made the conversion, it looks exactly like a Canon or a Pro Camera :

http://www.cameravideo.net/forum/faire-de-video-cinema-un-apn/18716-gh2-and-contraste.html

( Scribble is my cat's name :D )

Scribble Before 5D2RGB.jpg
    1653 x 923 - 284K
    Scribble After 5D2RGB.jpg
    1615 x 909 - 246K
  • Not sure a "Pro Camera" is the right statement there. You can do that in post without destroying the footage like you did in RGB. All you have to do is throw on an overlay, invert the colors and bring down the level.

• Honestly, I just throw on my Polaroid variable ND filter and it softens the image right up. Not something you normally want, but it works fine as I use vintage primes indoors, and the 14-140 with the variable ND outdoors. That somewhat rare occasion where I need super shallow depth of field outdoors, I have a .9 and 1.2 ND filter that I can attach and it softens the image less.

• I did some tests with 14-45. I had the same problem on any hack, tried every suggestion from your posts, without any satisfactory results, i also switched features such as OIS on and off with no satisfactory effect. But when i switched AF off, i noticed dramatic improvement, jaggies almost completely gone. I guess that is why some guys don't have any problems, cause they don't use AF at all, or they use non Panny lenses which has the same effect.