Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Logitech: Story of another idiots
  • According to new CEO Bracken P Darrell, the "disappointing" results will require immediate action to turn around -- action that includes selling off its remote control (read: Harmony) and digital video security divisions. Harmony remote sales fell off by 55 percent based on units, although a focus on higher end devices like the new Touch meant revenue declined only 24 percent.

Via: http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/23/logitech-q3-earnings-selling-harmony-remotes/#comments

Of course they fell off, as Logitech is now putting color screens in each they can find (can anyone tell me why?).

And all retailers are flooded by absolutely crappy shit someone by accident is calling "universal remotes" (retailer can have 250% margin on them :-) ).

As user of two Logitech remotes (one cheap and one their top one) I am really upset.
    This guys already fucked their internet radios I like, now it is remotes.

• 31 Replies sorted by
  • Started making led lights with big margins

• Finally we can see that new management dreamed about

sa18727.jpg
    740 x 491 - 49K
    sa18728.jpg
    749 x 442 - 29K
    sa18729.jpg
    800 x 365 - 20K

Quite positive situation in Mordor with webcams.

sa17959.jpg
    746 x 286 - 35K
  • Logitech is stopping making Harmony remotes

We have been getting questions from the community surrounding the future of Harmony, and we’re here with an official update.

While Harmony remotes are and continue to be available through various retailers, moving forward Logitech will no longer manufacture Harmony remotes.

We expect no impact to our customers by this announcement. We plan to support our Harmony community and new Harmony customers, which includes access to our software and apps to set up and manage your remotes. We also plan to continue to update the platform and add devices to our Harmony database. Customer and warranty support will continue to be offered.

We thank all members of the Harmony community, for allowing us into your living rooms and entertainment stacks. Please visit the Q&A below for further information.

Killing last original products available from Ligitech.

• Logitech sales continue to soar during the coronavirus pandemic. The accessory maker recorded sales of $1.26 billion for the three months leading up to September 30th, up $537 million from the same period last year. As Logitech noted in a press release, it’s the first time that the company has eclipsed $1 billion in quarterly sales. Operating income climbed to $321 million and net income rose to $267 million, up $194 million year-over-year.

Most funny thing her is that most of this sales had been sales of old web cameras and bad keyboards. They just sold them at huge price premiums.

We saw exactly zero innovation from Logitech managers. just nice slick looking designer made shite that ends up at the waste dump within 1-2 years.

• Their approach to popular products - C920 camera

I would like to inform you that the H.264 encoding was removed from the C920/C922 on models released in late 2018. While older units will have H.264 encoding in the device, the newer ones will not.

They saved around $0.1-0.3 on this (it is just disabled feature to avoid payments).

New Harmony Remote :-)

Btw this shits keep making specially short living mouses using shitty microswitches.

sa7994.jpg
    735 x 746 - 60K
  • Nice Q&A

Logitech raked in revenues of US$608 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2019, surging 15% on year and up from US$592 million of a quarter earlier, with its gross margin reaching 37.4% and net earnings US$57 million. The impressive revenue performance was mainly bolstered by a 75% annual increase in revenues from gaming peripherals, 65% growth for video conferencing systems and 40% in tablet accessories. The company expects revenues for fiscal 2019 to grow 9-11% over a year earlier. In a recent interview by Digitimes, Wolf Jiang, vice president and managing director at Logitech Greater China Cluster, talked about the firm's transformation and deployments in different product lines over the past few years.

https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20180824PD209.html

• Logitech began selling the Harmony Link hub in 2011… and now the company has announced that if you have one it’ll stop working on March 16, 2018.

The Harmony Link is a device that lets you use an iPhone, iPad, or Android device as a universal remote. It can control TVs, cable boxes, DVD players and other gadgets. But it’s an internet-connected device… and since Logitech is shutting down the cloud service that powers the Harmony Link, it’ll effectively stop working in a few months.

Morons.

• It's funny you're so focused on niches, Beats came out of nowhere to make people into expensive headphones. Why isn't Logitech playing in that space?

I think Jimmy Iovine and all of the people who worked at Beats did an amazing job building that brand. They did such a marketing job that you can't help but be in awe of it. We admire that. We're building our marketing capability. We're not bad, but we could be better.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/24/logitech-ceo-interview/

Interesting interview party explaining changes to the worse happening to company.

• You took it off topic I agree when you said BOSE didn't have unique tech.

Let's not try to search under the light instead where it was lost, ok?

Again - BOSE has no, NONE, nada unique tech (Philips also don't if this helps). Yet they make various speakers, have good marketing and invest big money they got from big margins into more marketing and advertisement.

On this we stop.

• You took it off topic I agree when you said BOSE didn't have unique tech. Try to keep on topic or this has to be moved. Thanks.

• PC peripherals like cheap mouses and keyboards you mean. I got a wireless keyboard for $10 and a mouse for $5. I'm not saying they are crap but this isn't Apple accessory prices lets be sensible.

Don't buy crap. Period.

You can't judge much by online clips but when i hear the philips I see the sound coming from the speaker but with BOSE you get an expansive sound that goes beyond the speaker.

If you can't judge by online clips - don't do it, do not immediately provide them.

P.S. Topic went into something completely else. After a week will make some cleaning, my fault. If anyone want to continue about speakers and mighty Apple in PC peripherals it is best make some flame topic in corresponding category.

• PC peripherals like cheap mouses and keyboards you mean. I got a wireless keyboard for $10 and a mouse for $5. I'm not saying they are crap but this isn't Apple accessory prices lets be sensible.

My ears in the end will be the judge and all I ever hear from small speakers are small sound. Bose manages to fill a room from a small speaker in the same way a far bigger speaker does.

BOSE has so many patents making them unique in many technologies, again lets be sensible. http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/waveguide_technology/page.html

You can't judge much by online clips but when i hear the philips I see the sound coming from the speaker but with BOSE you get an expansive sound that goes beyond the speaker.

• @suresure123

You do not know this specific markets too well. Like not understanding that Logitech was N1 player in PC peripherals for many years and made very good top quality things. And Apple never made any good peripherals, except designer stuff for their own products.

Tech of Bose is NOT unique and not ones give a shit that they patented except their brand and design. While lot of good portable wireless speakers exist, Fidelio is one of the best and clearly most affordable among this sound quality level.

• I don't know anything about that Philips speaker but to me its clearly a copy of what Bose has been doing for some years now. I have a wireless Bose and I have yet to hear a speaker that can touch it in terms of size. The tech in BOSE as far as I know is unique and patented. When I plug it into my TV it sounds almost as good as a friends surround system that costs thousands...... and its the size of a hardback book. Bose is Boss....

• I don't know much about Logitech other than their products are everywhere in the cheap PC accessories section of many stores. I wonder if they have a made a ton of money on the cheap stuff and they have decided to head toward the higher end that Apple is losing grip of.

• It’s an exciting day for Logitech G. We just acquired the Saitek brand and the Saitek line of flight, farm and space simulation game controllers.

Want to make more expensive game controller now.

• And now we make silent mouse clickers

M220 Silent and the M330 Silent Plus.

img1297.jpg
    526 x 413 - 21K
  • I needed wireless for an outdoor event, went Behringer MPA40BT. I can not say enough great things about it. 2016 is kind of the year when I stopped caring about who made something, more about what I need to get the result I want.

I know its very unromantic.

behringer-mpa40bt-angle2.jpg
    1253 x 1600 - 441K
  • If you want wireless speaker get Fidelio P9

• Great wall of Logitech G would have been much better if you could play computer games (even retro) on the screens (keyboards)... maybe even 'with' the keyboards... crazy :-?

Don't Logitech also own EU Boom? Very popular here in Australia, but I don't own one.

• One of results

• The company is moving to a bold new color palette, tweaking its logo, and launching a shiny new sub-brand called Logi.

Well, idiots.