Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Is a cheap 28mm lens suitable for filming with GH2
  • Hi,

I have recently invested in a GH2, it's hacked and ready to go, I didn't think It would get me into photography as much as it has! But I bought it especially for my film projects.

I'm 17 and shoot small scale short films when I can. I previously used a sony A1E HDV camcorder and so focusing was nothing of an issue.

I have the 14-42mm lens and focusing well is an issue, the auto-focus from what I have seen using the camera simply isn't suitable for film projects (this is what had expected). So as this lens is not a an option for pulling focus as there is no direct-drive focus I have bought a nikon adapter to use a 50mm 1.4 (lovely) lens I have and shoots great and I am able to pull focus but it is simply cropped far too much so I assume a 28mm will fix the cropping issue. I also already have a canon EOS adaptor for the GH2.

My question is: Should I buy a cheap but sharp 28mm lens from ebay with a smooth direct drive focus ring and use this to pull focus (as I believe 28mm will produce the best results as anything shorter would distort the image?) when shooting or is there a better option?

I've done some searching for answers but nothing conclusive, my budget is at most £100 for a lens.

Thank you very much for any help, Max Herman.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Lovely, Thanks very much.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions