Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • @berniez I asked, they did not know. I send a long list of unanswered questions to Panasonic. This was one of them.

In the menus of the GH3s I played around with, there were only PAL framerates.

• can someone use Neat Video NR in the video i show'd in page 48?

• For weddings I'm prolly gonna pick up the 12-35 combo. Pros: Proper 3.5mm jacks for mic/headphones, battery grip, weather sealed, high rez screen, looking more PRO, less noise in high ISOs, heavier=less drift with steadycam, stabilized fast lens. Cons: moire/aliasing? If they fix that one con (big one, though) I'm all in!

• is there any chance of take the All-I mode from GH3 firmware and add it to GH2 ? eventually when we will be able to download it ?

• I'm going to buy one and add banding and FPN in post if it isn't there already. I loves my banding....

• Good news:

I just received the information, that it is possible to modify the audio levels during recording!
    It can be done via touchscreen in the video-menü !!

Dieter

• @AKED Your image samples have been available early in this post for quite some time (like 20 pages ago). ;) VK pointed to them and asked people to go easy on the downloads so I uploaded them to mediafire. I hope you don't mind. IIRC they were also linked in the rumour site some days ago.

• @duartix Thats fine with me.

• @AKED I am glad to hear about the volume control during recording. Thank you for finding out. :)

• @amateur, yup that note lol. I'm sure Panasonic is reading all the criticisms on this thread lol

• Why would they even post the pictures with a disclaimer like this?

"NOTE: These Beta Sample Images were shot with a preproduction prototype Panasonic GH3 and have been resized to 4 megapixels. Image quality is not representative of final production models."

• Ill copy over the all- i matrices and produce a setting based on the gh3 for the gh2 as an experiment in a day or two

• @driftwood

Cool. Thanks for doing that. It will be really interesting to see. So will you be able to completely reproduce the GH3 settings in the GH2 or will the matrices have differences?

• Itll just be the same matrix as gh3 all-i and ill try and see if 70mbps will work out with it. You must remember the mov files of gh3 are using the more effective level 5 High profile resulting in greater effeciency of the new gh3 codec so dont expect identical similarities.

• @diftwood Wow great, could not wait to try 50p Intra!!

• @driftwood: great idea, really looking forward to that!!

@oscillian: lol why is a weather sealed body a pro for weddings? (unless of course its a bloodshedding mafia wedding, a dolphin wedding or a russian wedding with vodka and hering allover the place) sorry just joking and trying to find my lost sense of humour. i am sure there are outdoor weddings, too, especially in California.

• Here is a cool new video showing a fly around the GH3.

• Wow! I hope the Panasonic doesn't do anything to mess up that great sensor in the GH3. Those results look good enough to me.

• @MirrorKisser I'm unfortunate enough to shoot in pouring rain most of the time :)

• Dxomark is about as useful as local government key performance indicators. I'm not saying don't use a Sony sensor, but I wouldn't trust dxo to tell me it's a good one...more so with video.

• if the next firmware will not scan the full sensor (18MP downscaled to 1080p) i don't see much reason for name this a beta firmware.. -_-'

someone know if it will ?

• Is the screen for f*ck sake not anti glare?

• @sicovdplas Likely not, antiglare or matte screens kill sharpness so having a hi-res screen AND an anti-glare coating would be senseless.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions