Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Comer copy LED
  • 36 Replies sorted by
  • More powerful version appeared on dealextreme ($184, better price compared to aliexpress):

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/10-led-white-video-light-for-camera-camcorder-91714
  • Thanks... but I'm getting allergic reaction to the Comer shaped light...
  • @stonebat

I got it.
    But you are not alone here :-)
  • Let me share my experience.

This seller from Aliexpress.... he sends a bunch of packages to DHL packaging company where they inspect each product. They repackage the items and bundle with whole lot more items and send to USA. That's why the packages we get from China looked like so beaten up... but tightly sealed.

He complained to DHL, but they denied. The seller was pretty cool about this whole case. The light kit is broken and he doesn't want it back. Or he doesn't wanna pay for the shipping cost. He said he would talk to Aliexpress to give me a full refund. Here's how it works. Aliexpress gets money from my paypal account. They wait for my OK sign. Then they give money to the seller. I never said OK. I guess I need the seller's agreement to get the refund. Aliexpress policy is similar to ebay's. First talk to a seller. I had easy time talking to the seller side as he hired an assistant who can speak and write in English well.

Don't be afraid of ordering from Aliexpress.com.

Anyways... what am I going to do with the broken light...
  • It is not totally broken.
    Absolutely usable as hair light or backlight, for examaple.
  • It's butt ugly... but it could work. The most annoying part is the slightly opened condenser lens which impacts the lighting quality a lot. Maybe... magnetic tape or something to hold it tight. Also I would need to buy a new Sony battery and a charger...
  • Sony battery and charges are cheap on ebay.
    Btw, you can get them free using our 312 LED deal :-)
    It is of very good quality.
  • No... I'm not buying any more lighting gear!!!

I have a spare Sony battery from Z96. It worked on the comer like BL900.

Lightroom adjusted photo from 7400K to 7500K and from greenish tint to more purple. With the orange diffuser on it, WB was corrected at 5650K. But... the tint was too green again. I would need some minus green gel to correct the tint.

I also tested CL-LED256. It's supposedly 5600K, but it's actually 5450K. Also greenish tint. Less green than BL900 though.

Z96 gave slightly bluish temp and purple tint at 7400K. With the orange diffuser on it, WB was great at 3600K.

The fluos large softlight kit gave WB temp at 6300K and purple tint.

My gawd...
  • 312 LED is best.
    Any bi-colour LED is always better.
    Nature of LED :-)
  • I could try some gels. My kids would love to apply gels on lights.
  • so regretful to hear that. I'm considering the comer lights, thanks for your reviews. I will change to other items.