Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Stalin samples topic
  • 293 Replies sorted by
  • GH2 65Mbps video:

Any impressions and comments?
  • quick 42hack test, ive also used the 65 a few times and found pulling back detail in post is def better when the 65 3 gop hack is inplace. can push the gama more and have more room to cc.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit

• @ishvar
    >To my eyes it lookes good but isn't that's what everybody says! yes - but their problem!?
    1. incorrect white balance
    2. and incorrect film mode
  • @butt
    Just loaded your latest settings and going outside to do some shooting!
    Interesting: 62mbs and GOP 6!
  • @ishvar... This was my response on Vimeo:

The issue with the panning and strobing is not the camera's fault. It seems you rendered the images wrong. I see this very same thing with a lot of video that's rendered incorrecty (strobing, doubling up of image, etc.). Check back on your NLE's settings and you'll find the culprit (trust me).

BTW very sharp and clean images there.
  • @ishvar No offense to your test video, but this is the first video where I actually thought there was too much motion blur and it was distracting in a bad way. Is this example the normal motion blur the gop3 creates or does it have to do with the rendered being wrong like commented above?
  • Read the comments. There's an issue with your render settings This looks very strange

• GH2 1080 50i convert in fcp x to 25p 30mbs(camera from stage) + canon xha1s + canon XHa1
  • I just looked @ the original footage and motionblur is much less!
    Still 720 p gives nicer motion when panning, using steadicam and gliders because of the higher fps and long GOP. I am thinking of using Kae/Butts settings with GOP 12 and a little less mbs.
    Any tips/suggestion here? GRTZ
    http://vimeo.com/earlysun/videos
  • @ishvar >. . . and a little less mbs/Any tips/suggestion here?
    thanks for feet back
    you can go this way (testing): GOP6 32MBit setg.zip (including my 720p B-Frames and LPowell 1080p MJPeg)
    or GOP12 32MBit sete.zip (including . . .)
    setg.zip
    532B
    sete.zip
    507B
  • Thanks! What is the highest mbs setting which doesn't create the 10 frames glitch @ the beginning or is this a stupid q.? I am so curious/exited about comparing footage between the upcoming NEX 7/A77 and the hacked GH2! Wonder what AVCHD 2 get's out of this new 24mp sensor! There seems to be a kind of silence before the Ptools 3.62 storm!?
    ps why GOP 13 and 15 in your latest custom settings?
    Today i will try out 50mbs GOP 6 in 24p.
  • A quick "motion test" in low light w/ Kae's 3Gop Patch. Better watch in HD.
    [Vimeo]

• Here is a short whitewater sample HD is not enabled you'll have to download the file.
  • @mateusz Pure joy! I really loved this.
  • @mateusz tell the keyboardist that the NORD is pretty legit (but real players rock a Hammond) ;-)

• 110mb GOP3 EX mode
    160ISO average of 107mb in streamparser.
    raw PNG below.
    115mb.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • http://player.vimeo.com/video/27893184

Didn't have time to do any editing..but heres a few clips under different conditions.

100mbs 6gop 1aq 24p auto iso
  • @plasmasmp

good stuff

whats your setting please?

• Just a quick test with new Ptool
  • New here - did a quick test with the 66mbps extreme settings in the settings thread.

• @tuanies
    nice - I would also like the green chair
  • just 2 quick framegrabs before&after CC grading from video files created using driftwoods awesome latest settings. iso 3200! F2.8, Smooth -2,0,-2,-1. 1/50 Shutter. WB 3500 K.
    Shot with tiny candle in pitch dark, purposefully used highest iso 3200, as I bumped my nikkor 50mm 1.2 to F2.8- could easily have set to 1.4 and shot sth like iso 800:). Graded in color finesse 3 in AE with no noise reduction whatsoever!

I LOVE what I can do with GH2 hacked files! who would have expected I could get such beautiful results and skintones(!!!!!) from iso 3200 with no NR? Does the 2nd pic remind anyone of film:) ? Remember all this is a grab from a moving picture with lovely low-GOP motion and quite underexposed. LOOK at the fine details at the skin creases and pores!!!!!!!!
    your thoughts?

Big thanks to VK, CBrandin and all awesome testers.

ungradediso3200F2.8Smooth-20-2-1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    gradediso3200F2.8Smooth-20-2-1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • If I made those foam chairs in adult size (perhaps minus the crotch section) people would buy them like hotcakes. Am I right or am I right?
  • looks great @stefanos. Can't wait to see your grading tutorial ;-)
  • @astraban
    yeah I need to put my act together soon:)
    but I mean, the way that 2nd pic looks, oh man, I've never managed to get from GH2 such awesome skintones before, maybe it's just me. But also look closely at the highlight behavior and roll-off. Objectively speaking, the after isn't any better, but subjectively speaking and with 35mm film as the gold standard at the back of my mind, the difference is night and day. Film vs Video.