Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lomo Too Good To Be True?
  • Am I missing something guys? Found an lomo lens on ebay for $222 that is OKC 3-15-1. Will this work on a GH2? It's listed as a lens used on a Kinor-16. I and new to this and didn't know if this meant it was meant for 16mm and therefore wont work with GH2 sensor size. Thanks. Here's link http://www.ebay.com/itm/OKC3-15-1-lens-F1-8-15mm-OCT-19-144-83-fr-KINOR-16mm-film-movie-camera-LOMO-1978-/310410009296?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item4845e0dad0

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • It's for 16mm film cameras. It definitely won't cover the whole sensor of the GH2. It might cover it in ETC mode. Do a little googling around for lomo lenses, or go to Konvas.org or google Olex camera services for info about russian cinema equipment.

• Hardly any good deals on Lomo lenses these days. Expect to pay $400+ for a OCT-19 lens in decent condition

• Great prices, and the lenses look clean. He's specific about the oil spots on the 35mm, and I'd trust that the lens shoots fine. I had a 35mm that had LOTS of oil on the internal glass and it looked perfectly fine, unless you would let it flare...then you would get a rainbow in the image, but mine had extreme amounts of oil.

• Thanks all for great advice.

• I still find it ironic, because as ed_lee83 says, Lomos are going up... But they're still extremely cheap considering what they are!

• @ gabel seriously, you can pick up a whole set for the price of one cinema lens.